cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Braodband Dropouts

I get at-least 2 or 4 dropouts a day that last around 6mins or more on average and rarely sometimes 10minutes. It completely takes internet out and it eventually restores it self. Is this just normal or not cause it’s rather annoying too have this happen for no apparent reason??? So what gives is this fixable or as good as your service can give?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus Braodband Dropouts

Hey @PjjJ8520 - Thanks for sharing this with us. Without having the exact information/Set-up, we'll be limited on what and how we can assist.

It's quite unusual to hear quite this many of drop outs occurring at your address. Has this been happening for quite some time now or just within a certain period?

Do you know what kind of service you have and what modem you're using?

If this was for NBN, for the most part, our customers have been using our NBN Troubleshooting Guide here which has helped with some issues.

It's likely though we will need account specifics to assist and see if there is an underlying issue. If you get a chance, feel free to message our team via the My Optus App and they can have it raised. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Steven_YC I set it up how instruction said via landline outlet and it did great for the first week maybe 1 dropout in that week.

Then it started dropped outs each day for a few minutes n would fix itself up again.

Now a few months in its habitual, it’s if lucky but very rarely 1 time a day, almost always 2 times a day or very rare 3 times a day and once in a blue moon 4 times a day.

The modem is the proper modem offered by Optus the sagemcom the internet works fantastic quality is remarkable but the drop outs do spoil what is otherwise the best internet service provider I’ve had too date.

The modem: Sagemcom
Type: Optus Broadband
Setup: basically put in landline and it fired itself up internet ready

Hope this helps you assist me further
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@PjjJ8520 If you get a chance, either message us using the My Optus App or send a private message on Facebook or Twitter and once we grab some details, we'll be able to run some testing for you. Sounds like we may need to get it raised though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Okay, I will try my Optus app, later on. To get further assistance (Although I thought this was the same as My Optus app.)
0 Kudos