Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus App

I downloaded the Optus app onto my iPad & tried to add my service to it but it keeps saying my service number is not a recognised Optus number! What the?????

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus App

Woah that's a bit odd 😕 Best to get in touch with our Billing team and see what's up there @Blue63

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem. And according to the reviews in the iTunes Store, so do heaps of others (rating 1.1 out of 5). So your surprise that it doesn’t work and fob off to billing is odd.

It used to work, and the iPhone version works fine on my iPhone. But iPad now... no joy.  This is the message I get when I try to add my optus phone number.Error message

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes that’s the same message I get! Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Mgrobbo & @Blue63 - Are the services your trying to activate in the app quite new? Generally speaking, if it's a new OMB service, it may take 24-48 hours to update in our systems, so the app may not recognize the service number.

If it's been longer than 48 hours and you're still unable to use the app, can you please send me a private message with your account details, full name and DOB along with the version of the app you have downloaded? 
I can then go ahead and raise this with our IT team. 

Sorry for the run around. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I've had this number and account for years! The iPad app used to work fine. The iPhone app still works fine. I have deleted the app, reset my iPad and reinstalled the app, still no joy. Not sure giving you my account deets will help you solve a software problem!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for clarifying. The account details are needed for our IT department to investigate further. 

This is to collect info around how many customers are being affected & to ensure your service has been provisioned correctly. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos