cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus ADSL congestion

I have been a customer with optus over 20 years own a small buisness in victoria 

we had problems with internet speed so in Feb NBN we were told was available at the factory , we called Optus and got a account manager as 17 services Mobile & voip services 

we 3 Adsl connections coming into the building that I am paying for ( redicoulous ) we have a bout 8 computers there 

so today i speed in the warehouse was .11 we did get up to .21 at some stage 8 staff on we ahve a network through the warehouse our printers for labels needs the internet so my warehouse buisness has come to stand still 

I have contacted our account manager who we have been trying to get the NBN installed signed a contract it was installed at the wrong address ( our address is tricky and we really havent had confirmation the building has it ) the rep said just sign sign we will get it done its now 28 th July and we have slow internet has compiled NO NBN slow internet my whole buisness is stopped 

Calls chats on the app where they hand ball to each other all we have is there is congestion on the line which i can accept what we need is a solution and i cannot get one it seems 

The install a few years ago for voip and adsl cost me over 5 K 

installed by optus reccomended which was just a contactor which they take no responsiblity for 

The new rep got me to sign a new mobile contract 4 new sim cards where i was told my bills would go down they have all gone up approx $100 , keeps saying we get it back in credits 

Basically run down is 

12 th feb contacted optus regarding NBN was appointed a new account manager 

16th Feb met with new account manager who was prepared to install NBN 

4th week feb signed contract after explaining our address is tricky 

2nd week March NBN installed at wrong address 

2 nd week April NBN cancelled from wrong address, I think 

All through may trying to get a NBN connection to building 

Optus rep tells us dont pay any bills they wont cut you off ill fix everything 

We request proof that NBN is available in the actual building they cannot do this unless I sign another contract I refuse as I dont trust we will be locked in 

last 2 weeks internet speeds drop off all ADSL connections 

today connections all under 1 MBPPS 

Been on chat on tech phone all day was advised restrictions were on my account got onto rep who advised he fixed it still no internet 

I am on chat right now begging for someone to come out and fix whats going on 

i have 8 staff on tommorrow no productivity cant get orders out a rep doesnt care 

I can see us at the Communication Omburdsman pretty soon 

all we do is get thrown say call this chat to them 

never been more dissapointed in a company ever 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus ADSL congestion

Been talking to Harry guy on the chat for 4 or so hours 

Trying get someone to come fix this all they say is call back tommorrow ! 

I dont have tommorrow I need let staff know 

this is so frustrating for small buisness in Melbourne too 

Ben

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Unfortunately Optus has not covered itself in glory when it comes to handling 'tricky' NBN migrations. This is exacerbated by three main issues:

1) Optus don't have total control over the process. They simply book NBNCo to do the install for them.
2) Covid 19 has really hit Optus support
3) Optus staff do not take ownership of issues - if something goes wrong you will be the one chasing it up and trying to get people moving.

I'm not sure why you are being asked to sign up to new mobile phones or contracts etc. but at this stage its probably best to hang in there as it sounds like you're close to someone getting things hooked up.

If it does seem unresolvable then the NBN does mean you are completely portable now. I would suggest an RSP like Aussie Broadband (very good local service and NBN process) and they do month to month plans BYO device. Once on the NBN you can bounce around to any RSP easily, including back to Optus. The difficulty now though is that no other RSP will order a NBN connection while Optus' has one in. It would need to be cancelled first.

Can understand the frustration though. After years of paying through the nose for slow ADSL you're close to getting 100/40 Mbps for $80-$90 a month.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @blissy6969, really sorry to hear about your NBN connection / activation issue. Seems like we have let you down. With NBN it sometimes does get tricky with addresses as they either have some information missing or address are not even registered on their system. As a service provider we follow up with them with all the information the customers provides us to complete the installation. In saying that I understand that your accounts manager should have kept you in the loop and followed up, apologies. 

Unfortunately  we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. I would suggest if you have a social media account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. Apologies once again and we appreciate your patience.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks both your replys 

I have been on the chat last two days im not sure if thats the same team as social media but its kinda useless 

A competitor visited our premises today tested lines and also commented he proberbly thinks NBN is not available here 

so basically we have the nett adsl under 1 MBPPS x 2 connections basically useless 

we need someone who actually isnt a sales person someone who understands small buisness and how important the internet is 

+ 20 year customer spends over 15k a year with them ( proberbly dont care ) but very sad I cannot get anyone to help 

More important is I actually told the reps when they visited casn you check its available I was guarenteed yeah it was Now my buisness is stuffed 

I am firmly blaming optus 

put 2 people off today I am thinking another 3 next week as I just cant pay the bills without stock going out the door 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Appreciate where you are coming from, @blissy6969. The chat team and the Social Media team are separate (not the same). Just send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details so that they can assist you.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors