Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Petrie91
New Contributor

Optus 5G Home Broadband Coverage

How often will the 5G Home Broadband map be updated?  I'm currently still using ADSL2+ as NBN has been severely delayed and can see 5G is available in surrounding suburbs. 

The last update i can see on the 5G rollout map is November. Any further updates would be appreciated as so i can decide whether to move to NBN once available or hold out for 5G home broadband

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Optus 5G Home Broadband Coverage

Pretty sure its still the same map as November 2019.
One would hope it would be updated on a regular basis.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi
Even if the Optus 5g coverage map shows coverage in your area the only way to now if it is available at your premises is to check on this link:
https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/broadband-nbn/5g-home-broadband/5g-home-broadband-plan?gclsrc=aw.ds...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

And that link uses the same out of date address lookup as the map.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

In practical terms 5G and NBN are generally the same level product at the moment (different mediums). When you get the chance for either I would join them.

FWIW there are several RSPs on the NBN that offer straight month to month contracts (no extra fees or leaving penalty). Join one of those IMO.

5G is available in tiny spots dotted around the capital cities. Over the next few years this will slowly spread but you getting it between now and then is essentially pot luck.

Perhaps look into Optus Wireless mobile 4G in the mean time? But other than that just sit and see what turns up first. Also keep an eye on Telstra 5G maps as they will be filling in the blanks in different areas to Optus.
0 Kudos