Searching...

Optus 4g200gb mobile broadband

Alken

Just a warning to anyone taking up this option to use the 4g200gb mobile broadband  I've used it for 5 months and find there is a difference between the data logging software used by Optus and the supplied Huawei moden hilink app. Optus is showing my usage 50%higher than the Huawei modem App. So I ask the question which is accurate. I'll tell you not the Optus Data recorder which is I feel being used to Scam Optus customers. I know exactly how much data I've downloaded and it isn't anything close to what Optus is saying I've tried complaining to Optus about this  but their customer service is do appalling that they can't answer the question and stick to their guns that their data is correct  We'll Optus the easiest way to chase customers away is to stick your head in the sNd like your doing  You've slready lost my mobile phone business and I guess the broadband is next.  So people STAY Away From Optus They are not to be TRUSTED

Optus 4g200gb mobile broadband

Alken

Just a warning to anyone taking up this option to use the 4g200gb mobile broadband  I've used it for 5 months and find there is a difference between the data logging software used by Optus and the supplied Huawei moden hilink app. Optus is showing my usage 50%higher than the Huawei modem App. So I ask the question which is accurate. I'll tell you not the Optus Data recorder which is I feel being used to Scam Optus customers. I know exactly how much data I've downloaded and it isn't anything close to what Optus is saying I've tried complaining to Optus about this  but their customer service is do appalling that they can't answer the question and stick to their guns that their data is correct  We'll Optus the easiest way to chase customers away is to stick your head in the sNd like your doing  You've slready lost my mobile phone business and I guess the broadband is next.  So people STAY Away From Optus They are not to be TRUSTED

Optus don't trust them

Alken

Optus. Useless customer servicev

Alken

Re: Optus 4g200gb mobile broadband

Paddylee

Why do you need to post the same thing 4 times with different titles?, your not helping your case here doing that.

Optus complaints process: https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints

Also - Mobile broadband plans share data with other post paid mobile devices on the same plan unless you have no other services.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Re: Optus. Useless customer servicev

SillyGogo

Hi, Just a thought, the data from Huawei modem, have you included the upload as well as the download? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sydneywizard

I might have to agree. I've only just joined from Vividwireless and 2.5 weeks in, my usage is already alledgedly almost what I normally used in a month at Vividwireless.

What's the app that you are using to monitor your dataflow?

petergdownload

I agree its worth investigating. I can think of a couple of possibilities. 

The most likely one is that 4G mobile data counts both downloads and uploads. Are you monitoring uploads?

Data is also counted in packets of kilo bytes and its possible the 4G infrastructure sends data in packets that don't use the 1024 bytes. So while you might have consumed 2 Mb in total they might have been sent in 4 Mb of packets (each one half full)

The other thought is that all network transmissions have data overheads and possibly 4G mobile requires extra data 

If you get the chance and have a day you don't need to download (or upload) anything really. You could download say 5-10Gb of youtube clips etc. See what your usage meter reports and then see what Optus reports for the day later on. IMO they should roughly tally.

Peter Gillespie

Alken

Thanks for your reply  I'll do that. Although I already know exactly what I've downloaded and the Supplied Huawei modem with the Hilink app also proves why I'm complaining  

The other interesting thing is Optus has blacklisted my IP address to stop me from posting on their Forum. I need to Use my mobile to post  

I've put 3 complaints about this to Optus and offered proof  but they aren't interested  

So all I want to do is warn other consumers about the Data usage on 4g networks  

Re: Optus. Useless customer servicev

Alken

Hi. Yes .The Optus supplied Huaweu modem with integrated modem includes uploads .The difference between that and Optus is 59gb 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos