cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Rockywei
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus 4g mobile internet upload speed...

Hi guys,

I'm using optus 4G mobile internet, noticed the upload speed is very slow. Just did a speed test, the download is about 10Mb and upload is only 0.1Mb, is that normal?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus 4g mobile internet upload speed...

The speeds can vary dramatically due to location or activity on the local tower however your upload speed does seem awfully slow. If this is a mobile broadband device you might want to restart the device and move it around to where it can get the best signal. I haven't done a speed test myself for some time but the image below shows what I am getting tonight.

Edit: I should have also said that it might pay check your location on network status map as there could be issues with the local towers. If you click the link below and then click on the outages tab normally found on the far right side you should be able to view the status by entering your postcode.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

speed-test.png

Chaps23
New Contributor
New Contributor

Capture.JPG

I have tried everything, full reception bars. amazing download speed and just dismal upload speed.

I have done the same test on my phone, tablet this is the best one I could get and that was bridging 2 hotspots from both tablet and phone on my pc lol. I'm guessing it has to be tower related? on both tablet and phone download speed is the same upload speed much worse at 0.1 and 0.15 respectively. Starts off at .8mbs ish.

Does anyone know what can be done to improve this? online gaming is a real bugger right now.

Regards, Chaps23

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @Chaps23

Thank you for raising this issue.

If you’re needing a hand to investigate this further, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors