cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Opening ports on my optus broadband router

No probs. Networking is hard to diagnose as usually its just 1 little thing in a long chain that's causing the problem.

Not being able to log in via browser is a good place to start. If you can't find the IP150 internally then you'll have no chance externally - usung the dedicated software is using different network areas.

Getting to the IP150 login screen doesn't need any ports internally (they're just for outside access). Suggest:

1) Did you confirm the cable to the IP150 is in the correct plug?

2) Disable your firewall  on your PC (temporarily)

3) Open a DOS box on your pc (CMD) and run a PING 192.168.0.207 to see if you can get a response.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor DGodfrey
Occasional Contributor

Ok - some progress...

since we last talked, I set up an ip address outside of the DHCP server range (now 250). I had not tried to log in via a browser since then, but after your last message I did, and I can now log in, which is good. I guess this means I dont have to ping it.

I checked the two 4 pin ports. Neither are called serial, but the one that the plug goes in to is labelled 'panel'. The other is labelled 250G and it is empty. 

I then disabled the firewall but still no luck accessing it from outside my network. 

Thanks

Dale

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Great on the local login. Progress!

OK so in the ip150 menu you should have options to verify port forwarding etc.

Also try changing your ports in this screen (82 and 10001 perhaps) then update your router. 

Any chance you could remove the bridge? Is it there for any particular reason?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the ports are 80 and 10000 (see image). The IP address matches the one I have assigned to it as a static address and the paradox IP exploring tools software told me they are configured correctly.Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 5.56.55 pm.png

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Looks good.

So using the web interface have you tried the "validate ports" option?

On your modem you've updated the port rules to use 192.168.0.250?

Perhaps set your DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) as a simple see what it does.

But now also change the ports as I suggested above. (In both the web interface and the modem). Some posts suggest this is needed.

Good Luck. Out for tonight. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

there is no 'validate ports' option on the web interface, but there is via the paradox IP software, and I was able to validate the ports using that. I have updated all of the port rules so that they are 192.168.0.250.

I am not sure where you want me to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8. I started to do it on the IP150 web interface and it warned me that it would reboot, so I cancelled it.  I am worried if I do that I may lose the ability to interface with it?

As I said, very much appreciate your help. I have to work all day tomorrow so wont be able to respond until after 7pm or so. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds prudent. The system uses its own DNS setup so although it wouldn't have stopped you accessing it probably wouldn't have helped (By the way DNS is only relevent when typing in domain NAMES (e.g, theage.com.au). If you'er typeing in IP numbers (192.168.0.250) then DNS is bypassed completely (cause DNS translates names into numbers).

FWIW I would concentrate on the web interface. Everything else seems to be working and the issue (whatever it is) is due to the web site setup in some way.

I'm thinking its something to do with myparadox registration and the DNS setup (Since the ports have been validated - and look good to me). Have a read here especially the last bit about what's needed. You should maybe contact paradox support and confirm that everything on your account is setup as they expect?

Must admit I'm running out of simple options. See what happens when you get home. 

This install guide might be worth stepping through.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

ok - thanks Peter for your considerable time and effort with this problem. If I sort it out I will let you know. Optus offered a premium service to fix this - I may have to try that...

Best regards

Dale

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter. That install guide you sent me helped me to solve it! Your hunch was right. I logged in to the IP150 and noticed that ParadoxMyHome.com was not enabled. When I enabled that, I was then able to access the IP150 from outside of my network, EVEN THOUGH port 80 remains closed on my modem (according to the online port testing tools). 

Thanks so much Peter for all of your help - I dont think I could have solved this without your assistance. I wish you very good karma!

Best regards

Dale

0 Kudos
New Contributor Billion
New Contributor

Port forwarding on Sagemcom 3864 not working

I have tried to setup a port forward for port 80 with a custom name (e.g. MyOptusnet) and with the pre-assignd IP address on the device which I tried to connect to, but I was unsuccessful as the port is closed, it appears to not actually be opened.

I get the following error message when I test whether or not the port is open (using www.portchecktool.com)

Problem!  I could not see your service on (my external IP address:) xxx.xxx.x.xxx on port (80). 

Reason: No route to host.

As you can see, the port is closed or something along those lines and I'm confused. If anyone could help with this or provide possible solutions, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos