cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor davidtiong
New Contributor

OPTUS network unable to access my website

My problem with OPTUS started two months ago. 

My website cmca.org.au is not accessable by all Optus network (landline or mobile).  It is not blocked by Optus, but they just can't fixed it due to their bad DNS problem.  I know changing DNS server of my PC to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 (google) will solve the problem, but it still don't allow my mobile to access my site.  Not to mention all the users out there who is using OPTUS network, they can't access my website too. 

I can't imagine a company of the scale of OPTUS is unable to get their house in order.  TIO or whoever is regulating the Industry should ask them to show cause or penalise them for their incompetance to operate the network.  I am sure I am not the only one out there who had the same problem.  I hope we can share our views here.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: OPTUS network unable to access my website

Works fine on my Optus iPhone.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
New Contributor davidtiong
New Contributor

Optus acknowledge the problem. My hosting partner - hostpapa.com.au also acknowledge the problem. My wife Iphone on Optus mobile cannot access too. Good to know some optus customers still work. May I now which city are u accessing the site? Could this be an issue with certain telecom-exchange site? They do occasional works for a day or two.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I live in Brisbane.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Contributor whattalkingyou
Contributor

the site ever hosted by Optus?  If you've moved the domain elsewhere, there's nothing automated at your old webhost to remove the DNS entries unless you ask to have it done (unlike say porting a mobile).  If Optus still think they are the host, their DNS will be probably be pointing visitors to their old hosting space.

Spoiler
Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only. It does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

0 Kudos