cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Raymond1991
New Contributor

OPTUS adsl 2+ activation problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

I just got a modem the other day and set up the modem. I just found that the DSL and Internet lights on the modem are supposed to light up to connnect the Internet but they aren't. After that, I called tech support for help and said that I needed to wait for the senior technician to activate the service. While waiting, I called and called again to make sure the optus team were actually dealing with it. But all I have gotten is the same message "I need to wait 24 till 48 hours for the activation and please be patient." What is so frustrating that the optus team use the same message to calm me down without telling me any progress in detail.

Does anyone have the same experience? How do you guys fix this?

My conversation with a tech support

Ref.No  2057187647-12489

My order number: 68219562

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: OPTUS adsl 2+ activation problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They need to put in a request with Telstra wholesale to connect your service at the Telstra exchange to the Optus equipment. Once they submit an order, they'll generally get a date fairly quickly.

If you don't have an activation date yet, you need to follow up with Optus via chat or phone to get it pushed through. You'll find tagging the social media guys will only get looked at during business hours if nothing has been done.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Top Contributors