Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Ristoch
New Contributor

Re: Number of Devices that can connect to f@st3864 modem router

This is not a solved problem. 

After connecting WiFi sensors and controllers in addition to actual computers and phones etc, the 16 limit is pathetically inadequate in a modern household. What is the point of limiting the number of connections? Why is this not conveyed at the inception of the contract? 

Does Optus have a list of approved alternative modems? 

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey Ristoch, Optus don't support 3rd party modems, however as long as the modem is suitable for the type of connection you have, there shouldn't be any issues.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Fatso
Occasional Contributor

So are you saying that we can't even BUY a decent modem router and get the required settings from optus??   

If this is the case then I'm certainly going to advance this to the Telecommunication Industry Ombudsman! 

Are you saying that we can only use the USELESS and DEFICIENT moden that you provide for NBN use?

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the confusion, Shae means Optus can't provide Technical Support for your service if third party equipment is in place. If you need some settings for the new modem, feel free to message us and we'd be happy to check it out for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Fatso
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ristoch
New Contributor

Will Optus give me the necessary VoIP login details so I can use my phone with the new modem? Are there any parameters to consider before purchasing the new modem? 

New Contributor Up4it
New Contributor

Has this been resolved yet? I noticed that is said Solved at the top. This is not true. I have 4 children at home and beteen us there are 7 mobiles and 7 laptops. 2 kodi boxes. A raspberry pi and a netflix box. Whenever their friends come over we have issues with the 16 device limit. Certainly not good enough.

New Contributor Up4it
New Contributor

Can you also please send me the instructions for this as the optus manual for this is woefully inadequate

New Contributor ElleEmm
New Contributor

I agree.  We are a family of 6 with 6 phones,  6 tablets,  1 WiFi printer,  2 Google home, 3 laptops, 3 desktops,  1 wii, 3xbox and 5 additional occasional devices.   Admittedly not all are in use at the same time,  but more than likely all are connected to WiFi at the same time unless they are flat. 

We are facing rebooting the internet several times a day when someone gets booted off the internet you can't get back on without a reset.

This problem is NOT solved,  please bump it to PRIORITY thanks

New Contributor ElleEmm
New Contributor

I forgot 1 tv And a fetch box.  That's 27 devices without any visitors and no smart lights or fridges