Searching...
Highlighted

Non peak congestion a thing now? [Slow cable Connection]

Jarrens

So I've been on an Optus cable plan for a few years now so I get the whole "Peak time congestion" thing. It's a pain to get down to 3-4mbps in the evenings, sure but since Monday (15/05) I have been getting as low as 0.6mbps to about 2mbps all day. 

Now, of course, this is weird so I called Optus and they got a technician out the next day. He did his speed tests then went and changed all the physical connections from the pole to the wall. With no speed increase on the test (he was getting about 1.5mbps at around 1 pm) he called up someone I assume to be Optus and asked what the deal was. One famous word later he was off the phone. Congestion. That was it he was packing up and leaving.

Now I don't see how this 30mbps connection can within one day turn into a constant 1mbps connect. This is completely crazy that this is the service I'm paying full price for. If I'm getting a constant 5% of the speed I'm supposed to be getting, then that's what I should be paying.  

Would really love some answers, a solution, and maybe some credit to this complete crime that is being played out.
Thanks in advance for any responses  

Re: Non peak congestion a thing now? [Slow cable Connection]

Jarrens

No one else has this problem or is it just me?

Re: Non peak congestion a thing now? [Slow cable Connection]

Miles_R

Thanks for getting in touch, @Jarrens and so sorry to hear that you've been having difficulty with the network. I'm more than happy to take a look into what's going on for you. Could you please PM us here with your account number, username, full name and DOB so that we can investigate? I'll be able to advise you further on this.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
29 Kudos