Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor BillWongWingKai
Occasional Contributor

No wifi connection

At the moment my iPad and Android phone work well with the wifi, which is a non-Nbl connection. Yet my notebook running Windows 10 has the problem and fails to connect to the Internet. It appears the message of Secure line without effect IP setting How can I rectify it ? I wonder if there is the Internet card in my notebook if faulty.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: No wifi connection

It sounds like some software "Secure Line" is causing you trouble.

Given everything else can connect but your laptop, this would suggest your laptop is the fault. I would be contacting the manufacturer of your laptop for support.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"It appears the message of Secure line without effect IP setting"

That statement doesn't make much sense? Where does that message appear? Sounds like some security software? 

Most likely its your network settings on the PC and you'll need to ensure they're set up correctly (possibly enable auto / dhcp)?

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

looks like an Avast VPN setting issue. It could be blocking the connection 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy