Searching...

No stable broadband internet connection all morning in Coburg

Intrepidjoan

We live in Coburg, Melbourne, and have been having broadband internet connectivity issues all morning. Please advise if you're also having internet issues in the area. We've noticed that generally online many people have reported internet issues in the Coburg and Brunswick area at the moment. 

(The 'technical person' we spoke to at Optus said no-one has reported a fault and insisted their was no issue with the connection supplied by Optus (and was trying to suggest it's our router, which it isn't.) After the call I looked up my internet account online and Optus actually says online that they're doing maintenance in the area. I'd like to hear from anyone else OR Optus as to what's going on, especially if you've been able to actually get correct advice or an answer from Optus. The guy I spoke to was rather rude, unhelpful and arrogant. 

Re: No stable broadband internet connection all morning in Coburg

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Afternoon @Intrepidjoan, I'm not sure why they weren’t able to give you the correct information.

We broadcast all outage and maintenance notices on our Network status page.

Now, we've got maintenance scheduled between 02/12/18 - 16/12/18. During this time, you may experience intermittent issues with your service. If the work requires the team to switch off power to the node (for OH&S purposes) - you will lose service during that time. 

outage.JPG

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Intrepidjoan

Hi Dan, Thx for responding and confirming what I'd read on the Optus page, ie that Optus is working in the area and hence not what I was told by Optus call centre person. I appreciate that. However, I don't think you meant that I would not be able to access the internet for more than a few minutes at a time intermittently and only sometimes. I had tried to respond to your reply not long after you posted it, but my internet connection would drop out again before I got to write a word. I tried for 2 hours and then gave up. Effectively I've rarely had the internet for 2 days. I have an Optus technician visit this morning (subcontractor) and he's returning after Optus fix some error at their end. Frustrating, although I did get to write this reply. So fingers crossed, as this time it's stayed on longer than 2 minutes. Thx again. 

Highlighted

Dan_C

Maintenance/upgrades are tricky one. At the end of the day, we do need to maintain our infrastructure. Unfortunately, that can lead to some frustrating on the customers end.

How are things today? Has there been much of an improvement? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JIGGSTERPOW

We live in Murrumbeena, (VIC 3163) We switched from iprimus to Optus in 2016 and were pleased with the service. The Fetch TV box and EPL games were brilliant extras and all was good! ...... THEN.... we switched to NBN with Optus! Our speeds dropped almost immediately (to dial-up levels! I kid you NOT!) Now I find that the internet drops out on an almost CONSTANT basis..... I lose wifi on my ipad...... Our smart TV won't show catch up TV iview or SBS on demand.... In short, (if you'll forgive the language) Optus are a complete pain in the arse!  Our contract with Optus expires in May 2019....I will honour MY part of the contract (unlike Optus) but I happily mark-off the days until we are free of this awful mob!!! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
41 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos