cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No internet or, phone since 1 PM 26 March 2020

No internet or, phone since 1 PM 26 March 2020 a. Tried optus fault phone 13 13 44 no response, automated message directed to contact optus via my app, I left several messages on app messaging but no one responded. Impact is; I could not work from home and missed vital key online meetings and deadlines. Can someone Pleasw advise if there is network outage at Belmore? Thanks

edit* personal details removed. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No internet or, phone since 1 PM 26 March 2020 at Knox St, Belmore, NSW, 2192

Hey @Yunush, Terribly sorry to hear of the bad experience you have been having. Due to Covid-19 impacs our Phone and Messenger Queues are in bad shape. I hope someone was able to respond to you since you posted. 

If the issues is still ongoing you can check the Network Status and our Help and Support page for the information you need. 

If you don't have any luck with these steps, please reach out to our team over on Facebook or Messenger so that we can take a look at what's happening with your connection there and try to get you back online!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: No internet or, phone since 1 PM 26 March 2020 at Knox St, Belmore, NSW, 2192

Thanks @DavidYC; I saw the Optus Tech guys at Yangoora Road with safety equipments climbing up the pole; I advised them of the issue and they said around 300 people in our area were out of service as at last Friday 27th March'20; by 5 PM service is back but now we are still getting interrupted service. Four couple of hours we have service and then goes off for 5 -10 mins.
It's the same symptom we had before the service went off on Thursday 26th March in the morning.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Yunush, please check out out network status page for any outages affecting your area. If you still need help id suggest you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

0 Kudos
Top Contributors