cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Gasfitter1
Occasional Contributor

No internet on range extenders

My incoming internet is via a Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864V3 HP to NETGEAR EX6200 and NETGEAR WN3000RP. All of a sudden there was no internet connection to the extenders. I tried factory reset of the extenders plus contacted Optus who worked on the gateway from the backend but they still don’t work can someone help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No internet on range extenders

[Deleted - Incorrect Advice)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi - unusual for both to go haywire at the same time - a few suggestions - are you saying the Netgear EX6200  Wi-Fi Access Point and the WN3000RP Wi-Fi Extender both can successfully be WPS paired back to the Sagemcom Gateway after you reset them but won't connect to Internet? Are all LEDs on them indicating successful link to the Sagemcom and do their MAC addresses show up in the Wireless 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz connected devices pages. Was the Sagemcom Gateway Factory Reset recently - I assume this would knock out both extenders requiring new Pairing not just a Reset. In the Sagemcom, do you broadcast up the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz networks as separate SSIDs for each extender to lock into? If not, suggest you Disable the two Beamforming boxes in the 5GHz page - extreme bottom of page, Save and try Pairing again.

If all is connected well with decent signal strength but still can't access the Internet, then something else is at play. Is the problem on one device or all wireless devices?

Occasional Contributor Gasfitter1
Occasional Contributor

The WN3000RP is now working but the EX6200 on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz show a wifi connection, access to web sites, Instagram etc but does not update to current on Instagram or open web sites

Can you assist please.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Not sure if I have understood the problem correctly. You have WPS paired or configured a successful connection to the Sagemcom through the Netgear Genie/Log-In screen to the EX6200, validated by 3 green LEDs on the EX6200, are able to see the Netgear Extensions added to the Default SSIDs i.e. Optus_XXXXXX-2GEXT and OPTUS_XXXXXX_5.0Ghz_5GEXT when your device is searching for a connection and can connect to the respective band.

You are able to surf the Internet for general viewing but it is only when connected to Instagram that it does not show a current update and selected web links do not connect. I have no experience with Instagram and not sure if this would help - you could try to Clear Data Cache within your device's Browser in case an entry there is causing some sort of corruption. Generally, these are located in Settings and Advanced section of the Browser you are using on the wireless device or PC. Hope this helps. 

Top Contributors