Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No internet connection on TP Link Archer VR2800 Wireless Modem

Hi everyone,

I have purchased the TP-Link  Archer VR2800 modem, for my ADSL2 connection and have experienced difficulties with the setup of the modem.

I have found that despite using the correct instructions etc, I still do not receive an internet connection whatsoever. This included resetting the password and typing in (username)@optusnet.com.au. The globe light (appears more like a satelite dish) constantly shows red

I have tried to set it up using "other" as a network provider, checked details and troubleshooting tips provided. Still no luck. 

I have even contacted TP-Link, and it was still unresolved and was advised to contact optus. 

The existing ADSL2 modem provided by Optus works as normal. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: No internet connection on TP Link Archer VR2800 Wireless Modem

reconnect your working optus modem, go into the internet tab or setting, copy the details, etc type of connection PPPoE, VPI VCI number etc.

Now use those details on the TPlink and see if it works. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: No internet connection on TP Link Archer VR2800 Wireless Modem

Hi @fabianamuso,

As @SillyGogo has mentioned, you'd first need to ensure that you've plugged your Optus supplied modem in. Once your service is activated and working, then you can swap the connection over to your own device. There's a really great blog that was written by one of our past community members https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony-Knowledge/Bridging-your-NBN-Modem-Router/ta-p/1....

This blog is in reference to using a BYO modem on the NBN network but it's still relevant to ADSL users. We don't offer official support for non-Optus supplied modem. If you do a quick search in Whirlpool, you'll find a number of threads on this topic. Let us know how you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos