Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Sura
New Contributor

No internet - again

Crappy internet is down again in 2153. Is there any techical issue?

Cant get through to useless tech support. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Occasional Contributor sambuddy200471
Occasional Contributor

Re: No internet - again

Hello, I'm in 2153 and we have been having massive problems with our internet too. It drops out ffor anywhere between minutes to hours and when it is working, we can't watch video and open a google doc at the same time. I called optus today and their call centre person basically said that because their speedtest work with good figures...there is nothing wrong. I had to threaten to move our braodband and mobile phone accounts to telstra before they would send a tech out. I'm currently looking at moving to telstra if/when they dont fix it. 

Has your problem been resolved?

Regards

Stuart

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sura
New Contributor

Hi Stuart, 

I had the same issue around end of last year. But that was only during the peak times. (like in the evening)

Complained number of times, couple of people came and check. Finally they admit that there are too many connection given throug a swich (or something) and they need to upgrade it and put me on $20 a month or something like that for 6 months. 

After few months it was fine. But, still it go down once in 2 months or something. 

Regards

Sura

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @sambuddy200471 & @Sura - Thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm there is a fault in the area at the moment that may be contributing to this. 

The last update from our techs was at about 11:30 last night advising they're still working on this. 

I don't have an ETA at this point, however I can confirm this has our technicians attention.

The reference number is 19660185. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor sambuddy200471
Occasional Contributor

Hello Shauna,

I had the tech come out last saturday and he found a problem with my modem and he has replaced it. This has reduced the amount of dropouts we are experiencing....but it has not solved the issue.

Today (sunday 21/10/2018) we have had continious drops from aprox 1:30pm. it is currently after 8pm.

When we have the dropouts, we have no access to the internet..and this includes the speedtest web page that optus told me to use (speedtest.net)

Our cable modem is reporting carrier signal levels of around +2 to -2 dbm the entire time this is happening (having spoken to the tech, these level are right in the middle of the of the signal level range they should be).

This is the second (possibly third) time this has happened since last saturday.

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Can you tell me when it will be fixed?

Should I give up and just move to Telstra?

Thanks

Regards

Stuart

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @   sambuddy200471 - sSorry to hear that you've had issues with your service. Could you please PM us your account number, full name, date of birth Here so that we can  look into this.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos