Searching...

No internet access on 1 device

LauraN

Hi all.  We have a new Optus broadband connection and new Huawei HG659 router.  It all works on our iPads and laptops - but not our PC running windows 10.  It worked for a day, then intermittently now not at all.  The PC connects to the router but there is no internet connection. 

My guess is that the lack of connection has something to do with the DHCP number being assigned to the PC.   On the PC, the Huawei connections all keep reverting to 'public' instead of the 'private' that we select.  No sure if this is impacting it at all.

Any comments from people who have had this before and solved it greatfully received.  (I'm guessing we're not the first).

Regards,

Laura

Re: No internet access on 1 device

SillyGogo

How many devices do you have around the house? How are you connecting the PC, wifi or wire? Check for any network adaptor update. Download the driver for your network adaptor, uninstall it. Reboot the computer and reinstall the network adaptor. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos