Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
HotMilo
New Contributor
New Contributor

No connection

So my partner and I were fed up with Telstra and decided to jump onboard the Optus ship.

We paid our early exit fee on the Telstra contract and waited patiently for our service to be connected. 

After about a week  of no internet waiting it finally connected.

We went from 11mbs down to 8mbs.

Oh well we thought.  8 is still ok. 

We can still Netflix right? 

( you can if you like watching the buffering icon...)

We then migrated to NBN last Friday. 

Woot! But no connectivity....

Multiple " chats" on the app that never result in anything. 

Finally talking to a human.

Yes! a real live human from the Phillipines....

"Yes  we are very sorry"... blah blah..."we'll arrange a time to contact you".... didn't happen..." oh sorry i was away on leave that day".... well why did you organise it for that day then... "we'll get a tech out that day ( Friday) "...( Yeah right like that happened)... 

So for the second weekend we have no internet...

And we are now considering Iinet...

We will not be paying an early termination fee

We will not be returning Optus modems

We Will be contacting Consumer Protection

We will be contacting the Telecommuniction Ombudsman.

We will be sailing on another ship.

(Que Enya . Sail Away)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: No connection

@HotMilo, it doesn't sound like we've made things easy for you. You've noted that we'd migrated your service across to the NBN last Friday. Had a technician gone out to complete the job or had it simply been activated remotely from our end? Was there a fault identified after the fact?

I really need more information. You're welcome to send us a private message with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos