Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No cable internet in Guilford 2161

Hi,

I have no cable internet at my home in Guildford since yesterday (Saturday) morning. Optus website says no outage in area I've tried calling optus. Posted my issue in chat. It's been over 24hours and no response. The 2nd light on the modem is orange and is flashing. I need to work from home tomorrow. Can someone please help me out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: No cable internet in Guilford 2161

Hi Izhar18,

Please try these broadband troubleshooting steps.

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum.

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

After 90mins on hold on Monday, I finally got through to someone at optus.

We tried the following:
1. Modem restart - I had already done this - made no difference
2.Modem reset - I had already done this - made no difference
3. Optus help desk did a service reset from their end. - made no difference.
4. Just as a technician was being booked, The help desk guy read out troubleshooting steps, one of them was to: Check that the coaxial cable was was securely locked in. It was but I noticed that the nut on it was loose. I tightened it and as I touched it BOOM it all started working again.

I know what to check for next time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sometimes it's the simplest of things, @Izhar18! Glad to hear that you're back online 🙂 

0 Kudos