Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No broadband internet or phone connection

So I have no broadband internet connection or landline. They've been down since Monday morning (23rd March) ....although it does seem to have reconnected a couple of times (half an hour on Tuesday night, half an hour on wednesday) but that's about it. 

I did manage to get through to customer care from my work (ref: 22529885 ) who could not find a fault, and said a technician would investigate. That is the last i heard.  Not a peep since. 

I'm currently using the prepaid 4G wifi dongle you sent me last time this happened - but working from home that is far from ideal in the current circumstances. I was assured that Optus would cover any excess data on top of this and would not charge me for the downtime, although I wasn't told how to contact you

I need to know if there is anything being done about this issue - call, message or email me - I appreciate things aint easy at the moment but if your going to call it customer care you need to care. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: No broadband internet or phone connection

I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity    (can't make or receive calls) 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

· Desktop users (follow the steps listed under, “How to message us.”

· Mobile users

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working service. They’ll respond back as soon as they can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What a rubbish answer!,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK - I've now switched provider.  

I have an NBN connection through Goodtel and while they can cancel my Optus account I do need to contact billing as i was promised credit for the 10 days you were unable to supply any service. 

Please give me a contact (email is best as your call centres are not operational) to enable me to sort that out and finalise my account

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK - Cancelled - as above - as at 6th April. 

You need to cancel my account, I'm not paying the bill you just sent me for 19th April - 18th May, I'm also not paying an extra $2.20 because i cancelled the direct debit (I cancelled the direct debit because i cancelled my optus service - makes sense eh? Take a hint) 

You still owe me (as promised) for the 10 days i was without a service - that would be a third of a month so a third of the monthly fee. That'll be $20. 

I appreciate there are Covid issues at the moment but that's not really an excuse is it? This level of customer service is why I cancelled.  

0 Kudos