Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor adi78
Occasional Contributor

No adsl connection for 3 days??

Had no connection since thrsday night in cheltenham Vic. Looking on network outage page and all it says is it's a live outage and it's under investigation?? When you call tech suppirt same issue. Can anyone shed some light on this? How can it be under investigation for 3 days and not be fixed by now? We have a phone dial tone but no internet connection? Please explain optus...

0 Kudos
14 Replies
New Contributor Doingmyheadin
New Contributor

Re: No adsl connection for 3 days??

Live in similar area and our home phone and internet were down from last Monday until yesterday morning (Saturday). Absolute nightmare getting it resolved after multiple contacts with Optus. Every time we got onto someone they would ask the same questions and record my (Telstra) mobile number promising that someone would get back to me but no one ever did. Absolutely disgraceful service. Technician booked for 3/5 (after I demanded it as they told me it wasn’t an outage) didn’t arrive. That was 5 hours waiting at home for nothing. Ended up in local Optus store the next day and demanded a technician come to the house. He came yesterday morning. Wouldn’t you know it - faulty line right outside our house. Fixed in 10 minutes. This has been reported to Telecommunications Ombudsman. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @adi78, I can see fault report 18610745 was raised for your area and technician's have been investigating since 04/05. The latest notes advise this was resolved last night but the fault ticket is still open as they monitor people's services.

If you are ever affected by an outage that shows on our website, you can send us your account details by clicking the "report your fault here" link. This will get your details assigned to the ticket for automatic updates as progress is made.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi toomey. I did report the fault with my details.

Also the connection came back yesterday about 4pm only to drop out again at about 12am...not sure if irs resolved as im at work atm.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Ah I'm sorry to hear this. I can see in the last 30 minutes there are new notes to advise the issue persists and our technicians are still investigating. It's unclear what's causing the problem so I'm afraid there isn't more information I can provide at the moment. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi, fault is still live. Any updates as to the cause or it's progress?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

No updates in the fault ticket as of yet I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Missed a call from case management team. Is there a way i can call them back directly?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You can call up and quote your fault reference → 131344. An update was left on the ticket roughly a half hour ago.

They're waiting on the closure of parent fault ticket - 18608151.

Last remark -  we have checked & Found there is no Error & Alarms. 

We are Monitoring this for Few More Hours & will update accordingly

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Seems strange there are no errors... I've tried my own modem (working before for 12mths) and even replugged the optus modem in again with nothing but 1 pc connected to it via LAN.

The voicemail mentioned something about opening a gate to my modem... I think, it was hard to understand them. Im on hold presently, we will see what they say.

0 Kudos