cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: No WPS button on F@ST3864V3AC

@leee no, I have tried it on many modems and router. Most of them blinks while it is in Wps connection mode. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just got my nbn up and running and not without major knock on effects to my wifi signal booster and Fetch TV.  I have the router (it's not a modem) and can't find the WPS so I can get my wifi signal booster going, but no WPS button!  I beleive you have to configure the WPS in the router softwware which my computer is id address 192.168.0.1 .  Under "setup and configuration" (once you have logged in) you then go to "wifi", then press "configuration" on either your 2.4ghz or 5ghz (or both).

My problem now is I don't know how to configure the router so the WPS light will go on (and therefore enabled I am assuming).

Any help from this point onward would be apprecicated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

@callmatt64 are you talking about the 3864V3AC? if so, there is a button on the back of the modem, the one looks like 2 arrrows going in circle. That is the WPS button, press and hold for about 2 seconds to activate it. The WPS light now should blink, you can press the WPS on the wifi extender to start the handshake.

OR use the web interface

Login to 192.168.0.1

User: Optus , password: Default passphase or your own if changed; Setup and Configuration; Wifi; Click on Configure on the Wifi 5GHz or 2.4GHz; clikc on Add Enrollee (near the bottom right of the page). The modem is in WPS enrolling mode and the WPS light now is blinking.

NOTE: I had problem loging into the web interface using my Iphone and Ipad, I think there is an issue going into the web interface with an IOS device. Works fine with a PC via lan cable or Wifi

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you! Worked perfectly!

0 Kudos