Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Optus mobile service in Carlingford 2118

Since this morning no service on Optus mobile and Wireless home broadband. Apparently the amaysim (part of Optus) mobile isn't working as well. I am in Carlingford NSW 2118. When checked with customer service centre, there is no outage seen nearby. 

I was wondering how there will no be outages and all 3 of my services with Optus go out of service at the same time. 

Is there anyone in this area (Carlingford NSW 2118) face the same issue? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Voice and Data Outage - 2118

Anyone in the area with no voice or data? There might be small 3G or HSDPA but then it goes back to zero signal. The coverage map claims all towers in my area are okay though. 

I'm hoping my phone hasn't been illegally ported out...but that doesn't explain the small slivers of signal I'm getting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: No service

Yes. Im having issues too. 0 bars. can't call
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Voice and Data Outage - 2118

Me too. 0 bars. can't call
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi ram2409 and Mr_Windows,

There is one tower in the area that has an outage at the moment... near Mobbs Lane / Midson Road so that may be causing the issue.

Please visit our service status page and click on the Outages tab and enter 2118 to view it.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray_YC,

Im in Keeler st. There is a tower in Carlingford Village and Carlingfor Court that has no issues. Mobbs ln is already very far but I'm still getting 0 bars.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi MondayOne,

What troubleshooting have you done? Are you with others who are on the same network who are experiencing the same issue?

Ultimately you'll need to contact Optus directly to report the issue if it can't be resolved with troubleshooting.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I tried restarting my phone a couple of time.
Tried a different phone. Tried Network mode between 3G and 4G.

Can't call support, no network coverage.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Seems to be okay now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My nearest tower is in Felton road as i see. I live in Jenkinds road. But still no service on all 3 devices that i have - optus mobile, optus wireless broadband and amaysim mobile. 

0 Kudos