Hi Ray YC, could you have a look at my service ticket, 21147611. Same story, got NBN connected and no phone service. Connected on Thursday 30th, spent hours on the phone and on live chat to Optus for no result. Only thing in common that every support person says is that there is an activation problem on their side. Getting a bit frustrated to be honest - apart from the obvious inconvenience of paying for the service and not getting it my premices got a "back to base" monitored alarm which obviously is not working at the moment. Internet is working just fine, no phone light on the modem and "busy" tone on the phone.
Nothing that helpful I'm afraid, last note on the ticket is that they were in contact with you yesterday and it's been referred to a different Faults area. It's definitely being investigated.
Hi there thadeus60,
Disappointing to hear about your ongoing issue.
Same offer definitely applies, if you let me know your fault ticket number I will do my best to try and get the team looking into it to resolve it as soon as possible.
I just posted a reply to this, but seems to have gone no-where. In a nutshell:
* I put in a complaint about NBN box being sent to the wrong address twice - Optus Ref: 1476-3781246
* I advised the complaints lady I needed to get a new phone/data line put in the room where the boxes would go.
* She advised I need to get an electrician and send her the receipt and OPTUS would re-imburse me.
* She also advised an NBN technician would come and install the NBN box when it arrived.
* Finally, I received it at the right address. However, she reneged on re-imbursement of the electrician and would pay half out of 'goodwill'. She also reneged on the technician to come and install it.
* After finding the phone didn't work, I spent at least a week on the phone/webchat/SMS trying to get this resolved.
* No-one could help - jusgt kept me it had to be escalated.
* I was given two tickets: 21308636 and 21658496.
* Eventually, I asked for the Optus modem to be replaced.
* It finally arrived today and everything appears to be working.
I've spent the last three months with this and being told lies and excuses. The whole experience has been frustrating.
So Ray, now I believe I am entitled to compensation for all this.
* I hope the complaints lady comes out of hiding to pay the full electrician amount as she originally promised. I sent her the receipt over a week ago.
* If you check the phone bill for Seprtember, you will see no phone calls were made or received. So, I shouldn't have to pay for a service I haven't received.
* Also, my mother is elderly and has to rely on a Care Alert alarm in case something happens to her. As it is, someone has had to be with her at all times while this inefficiency was going on.
Ray, I hope you can help with the compensation part of this. I have all the documentation to support my claim.
If I have to, I will go to the TIO.
Thanks for the update.
I'm glad to hear it is (mostly) resolved.
We're unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd so can't assist with providing compensation.
If you have the lady's name, please feel free to PM me her name and whatever other contact details you have and I'll be happy to follow up with her and her manager.