Searching...

No Member Services Access

[ Edited ]
Wookiie

Am frustrated by inability to access Member Services. Have had several lengthy and frustrating discussions with Optus - both by phone and through on-line chats. Told various conflicting stories that it is being upgraded, decommissioned, replaced by intergration into 'MyAccount'. If any of this is so, why doesn't Optus post an official explanation about exactly what is going on? Too logical perhaps!

I wanted to access administration of my email account names to review them and possibly add a new one. I was told I could do this through My Account - not so! I was subsequently told I needed to ask Optus to do this for me - very confusing and inefficient. Can Optus just tell us what is actually going on? Ever since they started 'updating' their accounts system, no end of issues has emerged. Surely it can't be so difficult to restore the access and functionality we used to enjoy through Member Services. What's the deal Optus?

Highlighted

Re: No Member Services Access

Ray_YC

We do acknowledge the upgrades has had its issues. What type of service do you have?

There is a banner on the Member Services page advising for cable internet this is now done via My Account.

There is also a help and support page for Member Services.

How to add or remove additional email accounts.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Wookiie

Thanks. But this doesn't work for 'upgraded' accounts commencing with 62..!

Optus acknowledges this and says: "We're currently upgrading our billing system. If your account number starts with a 62, please chat with us to add or remove email accounts."

This 'upgrade' has been going on for 6 months now - how long does it take? Surely Optus could be more transparent and communicate its plans and timetable better.

Ray_YC

That's right, in that scenario you need to chat with us but you mentioned you have tried that without success.

Last I heard it was nearing completion, an upgrade for millions of accounts is a gradual careful process that does take time.

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Wookiie

Thanks Ray_YC.

I don't do social media, so the suggested follow-ups are of no help to me.

While I note your point that the account migration is a large and long process, I don't accept that it needs to be! Other large service providers manage this without prolonged disruption. Luckily Optus isn't a bank! And nothing excuses Optus for not adequately publicising to its customers what is going on nor telling us that Member Services is no longer available, rather than simply leave on-screen messages about a 'current' problem. Even Optus call centre staff seem to be uninformed/confused about this; resulting in many frustrating and time consuming calls.

If Optus had just had the foresight to openly advise all customers about these changes, why they were being made and what the impact would be. Not a lot to ask from a 'communication' provider.

Guess I just have to endure the inexplicable wait a while longer.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos