Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor HelpTan
New Contributor

No Cable No Phone

I have had Optus Cable for over a month but I wasn’t advised at the time of signing up with Optus that the telephone operates through the internet.  I look after my elderly mother (she has a help alarm that operates through the phone) and now that we have an outage I’m unable to leave the home.  We would never have changed to Optus had I realised.   What can I do????

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator GuyCS

Re: No Cable No Phone

Hey @HelpTan - thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Definitely not great to hear if there's any outage in your area and your back-to-base alarm isn't working as a result. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you're still experiencing issues, does your mother have a mobile that she can use in an emergency situation? 

We can also check out the relevant fault report for this outage and provide an update if you can confirm your postcode for us. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor HelpTan
New Contributor

Yes we still have issues but looks like a technician will be out tomorrow, so it looks like I’m stuck in the house until then.  Mum does not have a mobile phone and with her illness is unable to operate one.....hopefully this will be sorted tomorrow!

0 Kudos
Moderator GuyCS

Thanks for getting back to us, @HelpTan. It's good to hear that you've got a technician coming tomorrow to check it out.

If you need further assistance after the appointment, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll see what more we can do to help.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos