Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No Answer from Support

I have reported to the email ABUSE TEAM a number of times that the links they include in their response email to reported spam have been dead for a long time but they do nothing to update it or is their care factor "0".

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ness_YC

Re: No Answer from Support

Hey @Ozemate, it's disappointing that we've left you feeling this way.  Please know that we have dedicated teams and processes in place to protect our customers. If you receive any phishing emails in future, we recommend that you forward these to abuse@optusnet.com.au so that we can monitor and shut down suspicious behaviour. Once sent:

• You should receive an auto-response to confirm the email has been received
  • You won't receive a reply advising of the legitimacy of the phishing email or to provide any further information

Additionally, to report a Scam you can do so online at Scamwatch, or reach out to our friendly 24/7 Messaging Team via the My Optus App and we can report this on your behalf. 

We also have a Support Article that provides more information on Spam and Phishing on our Official Website. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

You miss the point the information that you receive from the abuse team is so far out of date, the link's they supply in the email you receive from them after reporting spam email no longer work. It has been pointed out to them but NO ONE takes responsibility .. Ergo no support

Ness_YC

Sorry for any frustration caused, @Ozemate. I have marked your post as feedback for the relevant teams to review. Rest assured, all Spam sent to this email will be monitored and evaluated by our Abuse Team. 

You can learn more about Reporting hoaxes, phishing or scams on our Official Optus Website. If you have any questions or would like us report Spam on your behalf, we welcome you to reach out to us via our 24/7 Messaging Service on the My Optus App. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still no action by Support 

It is so Typical

Do OPTUS CARE AT ALL

I DONT THINK SO

This direct from an Email received today 19/2/2021

Please be assured that Optus takes complaints regarding Internet abuse seriously and your concerns have been forwarded to the Optus Internet Abuse Team for their immediate attention.

If you would like more information on ways to minimise spam, or how to make a complaint about spam, including spam containing offensive material or promoting offensive sites, we refer you to the website of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) - http://www.acma.gov.au/spam

Other websites that may be of use include:

Junkbusters - http://www.junkbusters.com

Spam Buster - http://www.contactplus.com

SpamKiller - http://www.spamkiller.com There are also several links to spam filter providers from the OptusNet Online Safety site.

NO LINKS WORK

It is a JOke that you think after over 1 year and they still will not update the offending Email They are all robots 

Jono_YC

It's disappointing that you feel this way, @Ozemate.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Ozemate
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Pray tell is this not social media and the online chat is all offshore who do not understand what you are talking about

It appears to very Simple thing to be done.

The email received from abuse needs to be updated it is so out of date it is beyond a joke

It appears that support does not look at or care about customers just a robot pushing a button

I do not comprehend why such a simple task is so hard for them to do.

I think it is time to send an Email to The CEO of Optus asking why one of his team is not able to perform such simple tasks they are paid to do "look after Customers".

0 Kudos
Top Contributors