Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No Adsl / Cable available in my house - Duplex

Hi there,

After have tried with no success to subscribe to internet on the website, I went to an Optus store and the staff told me that my house doesn't have cable cuz it's a duplex but my neighbor doesn't have that trouble!

How should I do to get internet?

My address is :

46A Cammarlie Street, Panania 2213, NSW

Thanks,

Regards,

Olivier

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No Adsl / Cable available in my house - Duplex

Unfortunately Optus long ago made the decidion not to service duplex properties with cable. One of the main issues was they wouldn't string a cable over another property (is No 46 is in front of yours?).

You can possibly try request Optus send out someone to re-assess your property and maybe enter it into the Optus database but until that happens all sales people will just tell you its not possible.

Unfortunately Telstra Cable doesn't service your area (which is why you'll be getting FTTC NBN in a years time). Until then, perhaps look at Optus unlimited wireless broadband plan (12Mbps)?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

46 is next to me, we are both facing the street, the house is only 3 years old.

where should I make a request, which service?

By now I'm not considering Wireless Broadband as a solution.

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Not really sure Oliver, 

Suggest there's a "connections department" somewhere you could talk to. 

I'll flag this thread to a moderator @Dan_C who you can PM if he pops in and might know where to look.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When you talk to Optus, push them hard for a solution, either cable or ADSL.  If the person in the shop or on the phone say no, ask to talk to their manager or somebody senior.  I had to do it as my property is a battle-axe and the Optus cable was on the street so they would not offer me ADSL.  Kept pushing as I did not want to use Telstra or some of the other providers in the area.  Been on ADSL with Optus for years now and will be waiting to see how they handle the NBN connection when it comes sometime in the next 2+ years.

Scott

0 Kudos