cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nightly Internet dropouts

My internet drops out every night. My phone does not work either as it connects through my modem. I recently had my phone switched from a direct line (very old and damaged incoming line so technician told me) to a connection on my modem. Since then nightly dropouts of internet. Very frustrating as Netflix cannot load nor fetch TV. Works fine during the day but not after 7pm. I constantly get messages on my smart tv to say internet connection failed. Very much over cable broadband, very slow when it does work and no hope of NZbN any time soon even though the next auburn pub hav3 had it for ages.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Nightly Internet dropouts

Maybe you should get a 200GB 4G plan while they are selling them. They will probably keep selling them, but they are pretending not past 30/4

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/mobile-broadband/data-sim-card?contractLength=1&plan=70&SID=...:

See how congested your area is. You can canel the month to month plan any time, and pay pro rata

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Nightly Internet dropouts

Hey @Woody05, this certainly isn't normal behaviour for an HFC service and I apologise for the issues. We'll need Tech Support to run through troubleshooting and open an investigation if required. Check out the full guide here which will run you through the steps to follow to get this looked into.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos