cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor avq
New Contributor

New post-paid mobile broadband activation

Applied for a post-paid mobile broadband service on 12/08/2017 and approved on 14/08/2017.

Sim was sent and recieved yesterday the 15/08/2017.

Attempted to activate using online self-service. Confirmed sucesss, given standard timeframe of 15 mins to 4 hours. 

4 hours pass, still nothing. Contacted online chat, confirmed activation was pending. Stated "he would monitor the situation".

13 hours later, sim card still remains inactive.

Phoned optus, transferred to multiple departments as no one knew what the issue was. 

Finally told by one consultant that "it is an technical issue, the number isn't being pushed through. I will submit this to IT to push through". Given a timeframe of 3-5 working days.

This is absolutely ridiculous....

I just want to use my service. I've confirmed my service has been approved for use, so I don't understand why I have to go through all these steps, departments, IT support, etc, to simply use my service. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: New post-paid mobile broadband activation

Sorry for the terrible experience there @avq and delay in getting back to you Smiley Sad Did you still need a hand with this?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors