Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor LizzyB
New Contributor

New modem no internet no passphrase

Hi

Received new upgraded cable modem hooked it all up today. No interent and cannot access wifi as no info supplied with passphrase in box. 

I also received same delivery new NBN modem which has magnet with infom.  Funny enough didn't order it or even have NBN.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: New modem no internet no passphrase

Hi

Turn over you modem and the wifi password is usually there.

As to no internet have you logged in with your user name and password?  Should be prompted when you set up the modem 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LizzyB
New Contributor

Hi

No password.

One side of modem plain with optus on it 

Other side warning device

Bottom has stickers..serial number cm mac and mta mac..

Never asked for user name etc just unplugged old cable modem and hooked up new one

Its a netgesr cm500

First light off

2nd flashing green 

3rd blue 

All rest solid green

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Did you follow the instructions on the Optus user guide? Download the PDF from here:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/modem-equipment-setup-user-guides-fixed-broadband?reques...

Otherwise you best bet is to speak to Optus support as you will need to takes through what to do next

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @LizzyB, apologies for the hassle. I hope that since posting you've been able to get in touch with someone to help out with this? If not, please contact our chat team here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos