Searching...

New modem, dsl light constantly flashing, waiting on dsl activation numbers.

efinny

So I received my new modem last Friday (which was a hassle in itself) for my new internet service and have no had working internet since. Spoken to a great number of different people and told a great number of different things. Now I'm told they've found the problem, they need the dsl activation codes. Said to give it 24-48 hours or they'd call on Friday (this was lunch time yesterday).

Someone called me last night and told me they'd call back in an hour with the dsl numbers for me to input myself, and they'd do it on their end. Great! But no call comes... I call back and enquire because obviously I'd like to speed the process along and get it working as quickly as possible. The guy on the phone this time doesn't seem to know who called me but he does know about the lovely lady trying to help me currently and basically tells me I just have to wait it out for another call from them. I'm getting pretty confused at this point. Happened to anyone else, or currently happening to anyone else? 

Re: New modem, dsl light constantly flashing, waiting on dsl activation numbers.

efinny

Well folks, it's Friday, and still no internet. Granted it's only 8am and I'm still waiting on a call, but I was told the usual "24-48 hours" and as this time frame has now passed, it technically should be on. I'd like to know where the man went who said he'd call me with the codes that I need, that could essentially fix my issue, if my understanding is correct... 

Re: New modem, dsl light constantly flashing, waiting on dsl activation numbers.

efinny

So it's now 12 days after it was initially supposed to be connected. I've been told that Telstra won't release the ADSL codes (never had ADSL with Telstra). I was told by Tuesday, 7pm at the latest (but I was also told this last week). I'm just going to keep this post updated to see if anyone will reply πŸ€”

What's the go if it's not connected by Tuesday night? By that point it will be 15 days. 

efinny

Hey there folks, it's now the 21st and my internet was supposed to be active on the 7th. I've been told it will be on before 7pm tomorrow night- I can almost predict with certainty that it won't be. I will not be paying for this month's charges and I will be putting in a complaint with the TIO tomorrow. Is anyone from Optus actually reading this? πŸ™„

Tris

Hi @efinny, I'm so sorry for the ongoing experience with your activation. Delays are frustrating, having inconsistent information and experiences with Customer Service as well wouldn't help with the experience Smiley Sad 

I can look to see if I can get a status update, please send me a PM with your full name, DOB and any account details or order numbers you may have. Alternatively, if you decide to lodge a referral with the TIO, someone from our Customer Relations Group will be in touch to help out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

efinny

I have sent you a PM. I'm not expecting any change really because their hasn't been one for two weeks! But I'm crossing my fingers lol. 

Tris

Thanks for sending, I'm just looking into it now Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

efinny

Still no call, still no internet. 😭

Tris

Sorry Elizabeth, they should be providing status updates even if there's no change, it's disappointing you've had to call in yourself. I was looking at your account notes and can see that Dan in my team has referred this onto our case management team for further investigation though - Tris

efinny

Yes, he has 😊 hopefully we can get somewhere now.. 😣

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos