Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

New gateway modem ?

Have waited for an hour today to do online chat with tech support.  Finally gave up and went to billing support and enquiries. My netgear gateway for my cable internet and it’s about 5 years old.  It was working ok up to a couple of months ago but now our internet slows down and drops out regularly.. We use the internett for gaming, Netflix etc.  After explaining this to online support person who said they could help, they then transferred me back to technical support and of course it dropped out before I got to online chat with them.  My question is, is my Netgear cable home Gateway cg3000 supplied by Optus about 5 years ago now inadequate for our needs ? Is that why it would be slowing and dropping out ? And what are my options ? Thx

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: New gateway modem ?

It is possible, the CG is quite an old device. 

When you say “drop outs”, are you seeing the US/DS and online lights flashing or not?

or are you just losing wifi access? With the above lights not flashing. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos