cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor lexmarc
New Contributor

New connection redirecting to iinet page

My new Optus ADSL service was connected today. I've plugged in my modem and connected with WiFi.

Now as soon as I connect to the WiFi I am sent to an iinet (my previous ISP) redirect page. I can't access the internet, everything gets redirected to this page immediately.

Any ideas? Has my connection not been setup correctly? I gave up on technical support after being on hold for 90mins
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: New connection redirecting to iinet page

Hey lexmarc

You will need to speak with faults

Did you disconnect the iinet internet first or just order a new 1 from optus

It is highly likely that your iinet connection is taking the copper path from outside your house to the inside

The only way to have this resolved is to have a fault raised and a tech will swap them over and make sure your connection comes all the way in

If you havent disconnected the old iinet service and it is no longer required I would suggest doing that also

All the best

Jabba

* Don't forget to mark the post that solves your query and give Kudos for helpful comments 🙂
New Contributor lexmarc
New Contributor

Hi Jabba

Thanks for your reply. I waited until Optus confirmed I had been connected before cancelling my iinet account as I didn't want to be without internet - so much for that. It has now been cancelled.

I called technical support this morning to raise a fault like you suggested but they have told me to test the phoneline first to see if I have a dial tone. I don't own a phone handset! So now I need to go buy one.

Hopefully they can get this resolved soon. Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Tod87
New Contributor

Hello,

I am having a very similar issue except the optus Internet was working fine until 2 days ago and now everything has started to redirect to IINet toolbox. This is accroos 4 different devices. My only guess is somehow someone has tried to get an iinet connection and they connected it to the wrong house. How was this issue resolved? I have tried two different modems both show solid green lights. I can ping default gateway but not DNS.

Regards

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @Tod87 - Thanks for sharing your experience. Certainly can understand how strange this must be. Can you please PM me with your account details, full name and DOB so we can take a look? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Tod87
New Contributor

Will do

0 Kudos
Top Contributors