cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Andrewlarsen
Occasional Contributor

New Wifi Gear

Recently I had an issue with my Netgear Cg3000-2staus box where for some reason it failed internaly and stopped the wifi signal form coming out. Optus came and replaced this box with 2 other box 1 is a neatgear CM500v and a sagecom f@st3864. Since these boxes where put in i have had endless issues with the Wifi. I have continually rang tech support to the point they sent a tech yesterday (who was the rudest person to deal with) to check it . The signal continually drops out if you are any further than about 3mtr away from the box you loose signal. The original box used cover the whole house from ythe same position. The tech said to yesterday that this a known problem, i even checked the forum chats,and there is no fix. I find this to most unacceptable as i am pating for a service that isnt working. My fetch box is less than 3 metres awy and wont recieve a signal. All the technician could say is that I set it up wrong and was continually telling to be quiet and listen. I am to say the least upset with this. haas anyone come across thai and how did you fix.

thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Moderator Kartika

Re: New Wifi Gear

Hi @Andrewlarsen, sorry for the delay in reply and your experience with our Technician 😞 Can understand that you’d feel disappointed. Were you able to chat with someone in this regards since posting? If I get this right you have two routers in your house? Is there a reason why two routers are in place? is this to increase the Wi-Fi range? Did Tech Support give you any other option in regards to the Wi-Fi range issue? 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes i was able to discuss the issue regarding the tech with his boss who was rather upset with the tech and was told never to send near my house again.

I have no idea why there is 2 routers its what optus supplied and beleive me the system they put in has less range than my old  adsl setup from TPG. The current 2 boxes i have (optus  supplied) are Sagecom f@st3864 and netgear cg3000vs, They left the "A" out of fast because its not. This sytem fails to deliver what i am paying for and does not by any means live upto what was sold to me by the optus opperator. The original box CG3000-2STAUSwhich was supplied used to cover the whole house in exactly the same spot worked extremly well until it failed. I have complained and all i was offered was $20 reduction on the next 2 months bills and excuse that there was an issue at the phone exchange which we all know is not the issue it is the equipment (as per the forums and the optus technician). So i would like an internet wifi system that works and one that meets the requirements that i am being billed for, and if a solution can not be made to meet what i am paying for then i want reimbursment for the equipment that i will purchase to fix the problem. Failing that i will just go to fair trading and lodge a complaint.

Simply the range of the Wifi is crap and tech support offered no options other than pressing the rest button after turning the modem off and on waiting to see which lights appeared and conducting hours of phone calls which get no where oh then they book a tech to come who's an absolute rude person loaded with the wrong information which he says tech support gave him ( he was sent to fix the phone why? i dont know as the problem was the wifi)..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

I can appreciate your concerns with this. If you PM me through your full name, d/o/b and telephone or account number, I'll see if I can send you out a replacement Netgear CG3000V2 modem.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor atommo86
New Contributor

Have the same issue Andrew very frustrating I have had no internet for nearly 3 weeks!!!! Modem and router died on me!!! Got new ones sent out and now the WiFi just won’t work!!! And we are paying for this s”t house service!!!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

I've double checked my systems and can confirm we've replaced the Netgear CG2000V2 with the CM500v + Sagemcim router. Really sorry and I will be passing on your feedback. Pete

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Pete 

its not a GC2000V2 it's a CG3000-2STRAUS as I said in my description. Here lies the problem no one is listening or as it seem reading properly   Maybe if you took the time and listened to the CUSTOMER you may not end up in the same boat as Telstra.        

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Pete
RetiredModerator

I did read properly and can confirm the CG3000V2 modem/router is the CG3000-2STRAUS modem. Could you confirm for me what troubleshooting was done when your WiFi stopped transmitting WiFi signals? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Here is what you wrote(below) and it clearly states CG2000V2. As for the trouble shooting hours of phone calls and not sure what the tech did as I was not here. You need to remember that I am the customer with a problem as are many others and no one is fixing the problem and when you attempt to correct someone ensure you remember what you have said or written about what others have stated. 

“ I've double checked my systems and can confirm we've replaced the Netgear CG2000V2 with the CM500v + Sagemcim router. Really sorry and I will be passing on your feedback. Pete”

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So Rather than fix the problem OPTUS have turned my service off and i still have had NO ONE contact me.

0 Kudos