cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor rdrrrdrrr
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Any progress in getting user control of the firewall and port forwarding yet?  These are basic fuctions most locked-down routers should have.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor mickeyjb
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  Wondering if you can help me.  In the past I've use Linksys routers - which have full access to all the settings.  For my own reasons, I use the 5366TN connected first to the NBN modem (as it seems this is the only way to get the phone to work).  Then a Linksys MESH system connects to the LAN ports and runs the rest of the WiFi.

The previous Sagemcoms I've used made it reasonably easy to port forward through 2 routers to access things on the MESH network from outside the LAN.  The 5366TN seems not to want to play ball.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you want to access your local network externally, then having the 5366 as the first router is problematic. You should be able to get the 5366 VoIP to work behind your linksys with info  here .

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Indeed it is problematic.... I'd much prefer to have Linksys first, then it can control the whole network the way I want it.  I'll never understand why they make things complicated by preventing access to simple settings.

I am not sure how to change the. VOIP to work though - but I'll read the link you suggested to try to figure it out....

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hey - oddly, the phone did work - but did not ring - until I port forwarded. Have to have both WiFi and ethernet simultaneously otherwise incoming MOBILE calls do not appear on the iMAC. But this is no issue. Because of your help, I was able to port forward all the stuff I had before - works well. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey all, I'm sorry for the lack of response from my side.

I'm going to put aside some time to read through all your feedback (thanks for all the input btw).

I'll collate as much as I can and send it through to our product/network team for review. More than likely, I'll create a fresh forum post that addresses your questions/concerns.

Thanks, Dan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 5366 TN Hairpinning

Hey sixpack,

Dan is collating customer questions on this thread, I'm going to merge your post over to it to be included.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

Some of the Features Requested:

-Change DNS Server Settings
-Nat Loopback aka Hairpinning either by default or option to enable
- Fix logs and number format
- More options needed for firewall settings, including the option to turn off
- Change default hostname
- GUI Timeout can be longer
New Contributor Kezzabne
New Contributor

The only reason I have a 5366TN is I was experiencing NBN dropout and theis modem was 100% guaranteed to fix that! However, with the locked down firmware I can not correctly configure port forward to allow external access to my devices.

Is there any progress or anticipated date on opening the Firewall settings so that port forwarding will work?

I have had to revert back to the 3864AC as this is a show stopper for me. I need external access to a number of devices.

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

@Kezzabne what did the 3864AC  have to do with NBN dropouts?  I would have thought that was the NBN-supplied modem having that issue.

0 Kudos