Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

All good, no probs.

For what it's worth...I remember ages ago being told that it's really only the internet provider's job to get you an internet connection...the wifi bit should be up to us.  I reckon that's changed a bit these days, but personally I don't rely on the free (or otherwise) modem/router/gateway provided by them to do my home wifi.  I turn the wifi off on their device, and hard wire it to a good quality wifi router of my choice.

Use something like this to find what best suits you:

https://au.pcmag.com/routers/8971/the-best-wireless-routers

Contributor shizzy
Contributor

Looks like they are trialling a self install option for NBN now, https://www.itnews.com.au/news/nbn-co-to-revive-hfc-self-installation-option-532007 Not sure who will meet that criteria as I thought even if you have Optus cable, the NBN installer is meant to install a fresh new cable and outlet point inside the house with NBN logo clearly identified, it can be right next to the existing Optus outlet point. Perhaps they will change this model for NBN installer to take the existing cable that goes inside to house out from Optus CAU and connect to NBN Utility box, therefore no need to go inside the premises, customer can connect both modem and router.

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Is that right?  My NBN install the tech noticed I had an old Foxtel cable install...I'd cancelled Foxtel ages ago and signed up again recently for an IQ4 deal...which meant they came and installed a satellite dish as Foxtel don't use the cable any more.

So the NBN tech used the Foxtel cable for my NBN HFC.  I'd pointed out to him that I had only recently cancelled my Optus cable subscription, but he wasn't interested in using the Optus point at all, even though it was in a better place for me than the Foxtel cable.  Figured there was some politics going on there somewhere.

0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

Sorry I think we all have gone off topic myself included. Side note I was unable to post new topics in this forum.

Can someone from Optus advise when any new firmware for Sagemcom 5366TN router will be made available?, what will it address ? and will it address points mentioned earlier in this thread?
0 Kudos
New Contributor Warmachine
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Was waiting for this upgrade from long time now , Finally the wait is over ,

Thank you .
0 Kudos
New Contributor Warmachine
New Contributor

If you have Sagemcom you should be able to use home phone by plugging it into Phone port 1 or port 2 directly 🙂
0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

@Warmachine They have updated it once to SG4Y1T000085 2 weeks ago, but there are still more improvements or changes that can be made discussed in this thread, was wondering when will a new release happen? Unless you are saying there is a newer version available? usually requires a router reboot to get.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

seems stil log issues. My time is recording as correct but the logs are not time stamping properly.. 

Also is there a reason we cant access the proper admin account? as someone else said a while ago. the modem is ours. we should be able to access the full software. 

example of the timestamp not working properly. its 2.38pm WA time now.. even if it was in EST it would only be 5:39pm ( 1739)

2019-10-19 17:59:59InfoWIFI
Channel: (1/6) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated
Channel: (6/1) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated
2019-10-19 17:59:59InfoSYS
TR-069 connectivity to (acs-manage.optusnet.com.au/) has been closed
TR-069 connectivity to (acs-manage.optusnet.com.au/) has been initiated
TR-069 connectivity to (acs-manage.optusnet.com.au/) has been closed
TR-069 connectivity to (acs-manage.optusnet.com.au/) has been initiated
Channel: (6/1) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated
0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Log time problem yet to be fixed. Quite bizarre they thought this was production ready. What happens when you need to debug a serious issue?
I'd suggest getting your own router...
0 Kudos
New Contributor sixpack
New Contributor

5366 TN Hairpinning

Is there the ability to turn on hairpinning on this device? If not, is the only other option to get another manufacturers device that allows hairpinning?

0 Kudos