cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Exactly what I was thinking. i have always self installed modems. I will have to watch carefully. I can almost guarantee they won't turn up Monday. In the end yesterday I had to ask the operator in damn simple terms,

Q1 - Why is the tech coming to my place ?
Answer: To bring you a new replacement modem. (Correct)

Q2 What modem is he bringing with him to install?
Answer: Sagemcom 5366TN
(Correct)

Q3 - What date & time can I expect the tech?
Answer - Monday the 14th between 12pm & 5pm.
(Correct)

She answered all 3 questions correctly.
You watch this go pear shaped.

Stay tuned guys . . .
0 Kudos
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

I have old Sagemcom, I want the new one for better wifi/ less drop outs etc.

So I arranged for the Sagemcom 5366TN to be sent out.

Simple as that. Nothing more.
I asked the operator why not self install. No we can send a tech all good. but but but. nah all good sir.

That's why i had to get them yesterday to spell it out why i need them. I said now please I don't need a tech, I already have NBN. I simply want a new modem. Simple.

No disrespect but I am sure I am liaising with overseas personnel which sometimes causes massive communication breakdowns and customer dissatisfaction . . . . It really should be this hard to arrange Geez.

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Why do we call these things modems anyway?  Isn't the 5366TN really a gateway/router?  I don't think it's doing any modulating/demodulating, wouldn't the incoming signal be digital already?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@juzdu my guess would be for ease of referencing. You are right, for most people the 5366 would the router and/or a wireless acess point. In someway there is the modulation and demodulation of the VOIP function in the unit. It is also support ADSL connections, working as a Modem. I could be wrong, it also supports FTTC, which is like a pseudo ADSL, working as a modem. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

Yeah sorry my bad Juzdu I apologise it's a gateway/router?  So sorry, I shoud no better hey.   I had better hit the books.

0 Kudos
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

Shizzy, spot on. Monday I get back onto the chat to confirm a tech is coming as they have now promised me twice. Now I get "I understand your concern here. I have checked with the Installation team and they are unable to schedule an appointment today. They have advised the modem to be delivered separately and connected as per the instructions provided with."

That's what I asked them last WED, send one out to me, nah a tech will come out for you.

WTF Optus, this is abhorrent service.

Not to mention yes I have lodged the usual complaints online. Doesn';t get you anywhere.

I just love the garbage FLOPTUS service delivery.
0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

Good stuff always double and triple check usually it's either self install or professional install by optus tech which must be one of the easiest jobs of a tech coming to unpack and plug in router. NOT to be confused with NBN tech who comes to hookup the NBN and install modem.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@shizzy , actuall there is a third option, and thats to get a self install kit AND the optus tech visit. That's what happened in my case for an FTTC install.

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

No Darren, sorry, wasn't having a go at you at all, was just a random musing.

Is there something holding you to Optus?  You sound really angry...might be time to try someone else given NBN is pretty switchable.  I recently came back to Optus after using Kogan for NBN...I was an Optus cable customer for nearly 20 years but Optus wouldn't give me a good NBN deal until I finally disconnected.  So I was with Kogan for a month then switched back to Optus. 

Mind you I'm so used to poor customer service these days I've become a bit immune to it, and learned how to play the game a lot better.

Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

juzdu, I sincerely apologise for my outburst. I was in the middle on an hr online chat trying to resolve my issue and yes frustrated and angry and zero customer service from Optus.

I think I resolved it...Not sure as I have now lost faith and trust with Optus. I was told by supervisor by router is in the mail due to get to me Wednesday.

She looked into it and it appears the initial agent last WED made notes to the fact that I have a poor connection so he was to send a tech to see if all is ok with my connection.

Thats wasn;t the case. All I was explaining to the guy was the current sagemcom is poor and very crappy wifi and it drops out alot. I said when conencted the NBN is fantastic, He misunderstood what I was trying to say it appears sadly.

Anyway I have hit the reset button and shall wait to see what Wed brings.

Once again juzdu, I apologise to you sincerely for my unintended outburst towards you mate. Sorry dude..

Darren
0 Kudos