cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor YetAnotherAcc
Contributor

Things like firmware updates tend to be staggered (at lea...

Things like firmware updates tend to be staggered (at least to some extent) to spread the load on the distribution servers, but the delay could also could be for some other reason.

How did you get a "30 day NBN consultant"?  I don't have one, or if I do I haven't been told about it. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor juzdu
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I work in IT so I'm familiar with that...perhaps it...

Yeah, I work in IT so I'm familiar with that...perhaps it got pushed to me overnight.

About 5 minutes after I plugged my new modem in I got a text:

"I?m your NBN Home Connect Champion & will be calling you in 5 mins to talk you through the next steps of your NBN connection."

Sure enough she did.  Then after we spoke I got this:

"OPTUSMSG: Hi Justin, Thank you for taking my call. As discussed, I'll be handling your account for the next 30days to ensure that everything is perfect. For queries reply via SMS & I will get back to you as soon as possible or call 1300765393. Regards, EMZ (Your NBN Home Connect Champion)"

I replied to this asking the initial question about why I couldn't change the LAN IP, it was EMZ who said I couldn't.  I then went looking in Yes Crowd and found your post.

0 Kudos
Contributor YetAnotherAcc
Contributor

Clearly they don't have enough champions to go around ;-)...

Clearly they don't have enough champions to go around ;-) .

I could use a champion right now. While thing are working, when the optus tech came he installed a wall socket to send the phone signal to another room so that the existing phone which was on optus FTC cable (via separate wire, not HFC voip via cable modem) could be left where it was. Problem is that when he checked that the redirect work he did so while the old line was still active and the new voip wasn't fully provisioned, and the call can through on fixed line instead of voip. Still trying to figure out how to get that sorted.

0 Kudos
New Contributor reubot
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN Firewall

How do we change the firewall settings?
They seem to be disabled.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor shizzy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN Firewall

you cant, they one of the things we want them to change with firmware update, It could be a reason why Nat Loopback is not working.

0 Kudos
New Contributor kanl
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hi,  any update how to turn OFF Firewall in Sagemcom 5366TN?

0 Kudos
Contributor DarrenH
Contributor

Gotta love Optus. 

On Wed night I get online and arrange with the operator to send out one of these Sagemcom 5366TN modems.  He said a tech will come out today Friday between 1pm- 5pm.  Oh ok I say. What about self install?  Send it out I will do it.  No no all good we will send tech to you Friday.  Oh wondewrful, I'm thinking.

Well today, I remain home all afternoon, (stuff work) waiting for this so called tech.  Guess what ? no show i get online and was assured a tech is still on the way.  This went on for an hour.   Anyway no show.   At 4;35 pm the operator says, there has been an issue with the tech and I have to re schdule you to Monday afternnon the 14th bn 12pm-5pm.  Guess what?  Silly me has to take another afternoon off work.

Would one think, as a comminications company that the tech department could have contacted me asdvising they weren't able to come?   So silly me here loses wages for the time off, all the operator could do is apolgise assurring me that a tech will be at my place Monday.   Bascailly guaranteed me.

All I wanted was this new modem to be sent to me to replace the current piece of trash modem.

I thought it was too good to be true, to think a tech arrives at my door within 36 hours with a new modem and puts in in for me.  LOL  what was I thinking?

So at this stage there are many words and expletives I want to use, but it doesn't change anything.

Customer service, virtually non existent sadly.

(sigh)  So let me see what Monday brings.  Stay tuned...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor shizzy
Occasional Contributor

Whether it too good to be true or not dont trust them keep calling back speak to different operators to make sure on the morning of visit as well. Dont know why they want to send someone out when cheaper to ship and self install perhaps should have pushed more on that.
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Clearly they don't have enough champions to go around ;-)...

sounds like the NBN migration hasn't fully completed. Did you have any extra services like Fax Duet etc on your phone line prior NBN? My father's phone number had extra services and took another ISP many weeks to port the number across and each time the port got stuck and no one seems to clear those transactions.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

interesting that optus is sending a tech out to replace a modem, normally the modem comes via the post. What is the issue in the first place?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors