cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Upload speed limit?

I have no problems with the speed of the modem and certainly can not complain about the price. The lack of hair pinning (loopback) and the inability to configure is disappointing but not a "show stopper". My bundle includes a phone service so I have put it to good use for that purpose and easily swappable (cables only) to meet the support criteria of Optus. As for the degrading line from the node to the premises this is completely in the hands of the NBN authority. Unfortunately the only way to get the NBN to take action is through the ISP. If I was in your predicament I would be pressuring my local federal member to be pushing for HFC to be implemented as it has much the same technical capabilities as FTTP but at a much lower cost of implementation.    

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

we do need a better solution like fiber or fiber to the curb it may take a few years to see any improvement in my areas one that may get improvements by the NBN but that may take a few years

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

FTTC still uses the old telephone line so it only reduces the length of line over FTTN. Nothing wrong with HFC as the copper is superior to telephone line. Latest NBN plans are to replace FTTN with FTTP when the old telephone services are terminated. See this link Why the NBN Fibre Upgrade Matters (gizmodo.com.au) 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN: Second restart of 5366TN required after power outage to fix Internet

Hi All, I have the following setup:

NBN Box - > Sagem 5366TN -> Netgear R8000 Router -> Home network

When the power goes out at my place I need to restart the Sagem 5366TN modem a second time in order for the R8000 router to show internet up and for internet to be supplied to our network.

Any ideas?  I have tried disabling DHCP on the 5366 and setting static IP's for the R8000 but that doesn't seem to help.

Also did anyone have any luck getting the admin password for the 5366TN so we can unlock some of the router settings currently locked?

0 Kudos