cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Hi @eRazer,

Yes, the Sagemcom F@st 5366 TN modem is compatible with NBN. Check out the list of Optus Approved Modems for further information.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would say it is a terrible device, for experience user, you cannot make any change to firewall settings, or other settings everything is block from WAN to LAN.

even Optus technical support cannot make any change for you. 

completely rubbish  😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We're sorry we left you feeling this way, @wmibr. I will pass on your feedback to the relevant teams so we can improve our customer service experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@wmibr wrote:

I would say it is a terrible device, for experience user, you cannot make any change to firewall settings, or other settings everything is block from WAN to LAN.

even Optus technical support cannot make any change for you. 

completely rubbish  😞

I think you're expecting too much from a vendor supplied router.  If you wanna play with router settings this is most certainly not the device for you.  To be fair, for non-techies (i.e. 98% of the population!) it does exactly what it's meant to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No really, when you need to connect your house security cameras or talk on a video call and your friend can hear you but not see you because your router is blocking you, the simple thing doesn't need to techie, or even remote your home when it is necessary. 

The Optus force you have this modem because you need a VOIP that is all, don't let you buy your own.  100% proprietary.

ready the comments and reviews about this router you will see, and they charge you for this rubbish router.

Even an OPTUS technical support cannot help you with this issue. very bad. 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

I think you're expecting too much from a vendor supplied router.

If a vendor supplied router makes any internet service unusable then that is totally unacceptable, and every Optus supplied router that I can think interferes with one service or another.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@juzdu wrote:

Yet you're still here!

I don't use the Optus supplied routers, and haven't for many many years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - @wmibr not sure if you are aware - the forum has many posts about using a third party Router as your primary unit and connecting the Optus modem as a secondary network for VoIP functionality retention. You are not locked in to only using the Optus modem per se. 

The Optus modem needs to be connected to the network first for the service and VoIP registration, then after that you can disconnect it and put your preferred Router in as the primary Router which interacts to the NBN network. The Optus modem will continue to work for your phone service and receive firmware updates when connected as a secondary modem.

The only issue that presents itself in this configuration is if you have a suspected NBN network fault, in order to define the problem, you would need to disconnect the third party modem and replace it with the Optus modem so that Optus Help Desk can verify if it is the NBN or a modem issue at fault. They can't troubleshoot an NBN network issue through a third party modem.  

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I know all the good routers are and I know it works with NBN " Internet-only", the problem we are facing here is OPTUS don't let you use the third party VOIP router, it will not work, the only router provided by Optus will work. if you don't have a Phone connected to your NBN it will be fine you can use a different router no worries.

Because I need the phone line I stuck with it and all the BS restrictions.

I don't mind the restriction set from the box, as long you have the right to choose and change your level of security at your own risk.

or the Optus tech has the ability to change it. 

0 Kudos