cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

wired 192.168.0.4 obviously popping in and out not stable
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@ronnielanham1 wrote:
obviously popping in and out not stable

Nope. Wireless and wired have different MAC addresses and will therefore have different IP addresses if you switch between them.

Connect the xbox LAN cable, disable wifi on the xbox (to ensure that it is forced to use the wire), reboot the xbox (to ensure that it does not use any wifi settings). What does the xbox now show for IP address & Gateway?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

wired mac b8-31-b5-73-f2-36.
wireless mac b8-3-b5-73-f2=38
wired ip
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have a tplink switch which i connect to port 3or 4 on the router via cable the I connect an ethernet cable from the xbox to the switch then works fine, why?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

A message on screen states i am connected using ipv4 , please read about using ipv6?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

If you can put your computer and fetch tv into ports 3 & 4 and still work all the ports on your sagem router must be OK.
Can you try setting up your xbox to connect via wifi or via ethernet manually.
This guide might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-0WAUAIJFQ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@ronnielanham1 wrote:
I have a tplink switch which i connect to port 3or 4 on the router via cable the I connect an ethernet cable from the xbox to the switch then works fine, why?

That probably means that cable you are using for the xbox just does not want to sit right in ports 3 or 4, or is faulty in some other way. If ports 3 & 4 work when a switch is plugged in they should work when any other device is plugged into them.

As for the IPv4 vs IPv6, just ignore that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

if I put computer and fetch tv in port 3&4 1&2 port will not work thats been the problem all along. It does not seem that many optus customers use wired connect with their xbox consoles

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi - on three previous occasions, Optus must have remotely diagnosed your modem and considered then all faulty and the Tech verified the same on the fourth replacement. You must have Factory Reset the current modem somewhere through troubleshooting to clear out any code glitches and I would expect it would be at Firmware suffix Ver 105 or 109 by now. So maybe when the XBox is directly connected to the modem with Ethernet, the modem thinks it gets overloaded and limits the Ethernet ports to only 2 * instead of 4, not caring which 2 ports are utilised. It's hard to accept that 4 units could have the same disfunction, but you never know with electronics - the chances of the factory batch production serial numbers on all your cardboard boxes being sequential are fairly remote. 

* not sure if the TP Switch connection was one of the two active ports or it linked OK to port No 3 when your PC and the Fetch were in port 1 and 2? 

The F@ST5366TN has the one of the largest power supplies for modems I have seen, 12V DC and 3.5 Amps which should be more than capable of handling fully equipped operations -  have you been using the original power supply from the first modem on successive replacements which may have an issue, or have you used a new power supply which accompanied each successive replacement modem? A year ago, after having years of connection issues with an external hard drive, I would get a green LED and hear the disc spin and then stop, sometimes I would see contents, other times nothing, so I gave up using it until I replaced its power supply, using one from a spare Netgear router, and it has not failed since.

I agree with you , you shouldn't have to compromise - things should just work but,  if no improvement, the workaround configuration using TP Switch may be a viable interim solution until Optus modem No 5 arrives. It is also possible to use the F@ST 5366TN as a secondary modem delegating it to be a Wi-Fi and in your case, a limited 2 port LAN Access Point with its VoIP service intact and use an alternative Primary Router which supports the XBox Ethernet connection. There are YesCrowd forum posts on these arrangements. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It could be a patch lead problem?
If the XBOX is working as follows:
XBOX<->TPLINK Switch<->Sagem Router Port 3 then try this.
Identify the patch working cable between the TPLINK Switch and the Sagem Router.
Unplug that cable from the TPLINK switch (leave the other end in the sagem router), plug the free end into your XBOX.
Check constant orange and green flashing lights on Port 3.

If that doesn't work, then go with Mkrtich's above solution to use the TPLink switch in the interim between the Sagem and your XBOX (as he described it could be some weird power issue).
0 Kudos