Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor rdrrrdrrr
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hi All,

Just activated OPTUS NBN HFC today with the Sagemcom 5366TN.  Works OK, but I need real Admin access to extract the SIP account details (like a lot of other folks I guess).  Is there any help out there for this yet?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@shizzy  the problems with the 5366 will not have caused problems with your plan, that would have been caused by the operator that placed your order for your (or if you did it online it would have been an ordering system problem). 

Have you tried the phone with the 3865 yet to see if it works with it?

As for the speed pack, when I ordered it I was told that I would have to call up after my connection was active to activate the speed pack, but it was active as soon as I activated. So seems to me that the operator did not apply it correctly when you ordered it.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I agree @rdrrrdrrr we should all have admin access, not just because of the extra control it gives us, but if for no other reason than that the device is ours after all, not Optus' . 

@Dan_Ccan you please request a policy change on our behalf (all Optus users) from Optus to give users admin access and SIP credentials/config info. I understand that you may not want full access to be an automatic thing, but it should be something we should be able to request and know that we will get it.

Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

Good luck. I had to extract them from the v3AC (the previous model) the same trick does not work with the 5366tn (already tried to get full admin access) optus will not give out the sip details. I've asked and they site security concerns 😕

Not sure we own the equipment while still in contract. Unless you buy it outright?  But I agree we should be able to request admin password and the correct url for admin  (under the old V3ac modem it was 192.168.0.1/main.html) 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@khios  we definitely do own the equipment. It may be given to us 'free', or we pay it off on contract but it is ours. No different to when you buy a mobile on contract, once you get it in your hands you can do what you want with it even though you may have handset payments for two years left. If we break the contract early and Optus want it back I'm fairly sure (but not positive) that would have the option to pay out what's outstanding and keep it we did not want to return it.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ringu2000
New Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc not sure what that is, because I can't access the link in your reply, but whatever that Electricity Authority is, it does not affect the older Optus modem, only this new one. Weird. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry about that broken link @Ringu2000 but there were some invisible characters that somehow got attached to that link and stuffed it. Its fixed now.

Assuming that the link is describing the same problem you are having (it just looks to me there are some similarities with the problem you have described) its not surprising that it only affects some models and not others because we don't know how different the internal components/builds are between the models.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc thats good to know 🙂

in other news the DNS ain't hijacked any more and the logs are timestamping properly. you can change the lan IP but not the DNS for lan. I assume when you change from 192.168.0.1 to something else it will change the DNS to that. so its something for now 🙂

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update @khios . I'll check out the IP & DNS changes when I get a chance and see what happens.

Its nice to see things moving along.

0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

Small update on my situation, I played around with the 3864 without any WAN/LAN connections mainly to get a feel of the settings and if I could access the dump file for VoIP details, after trying many passwords I found one that works, obviously, it wasn't connected to the NBN so It would not populate the details but I will keep this modem and password details in hand shall I need. 

I was about to put the 3864 on my NBN but decided to give the 5366TN another shot mainly because my account is messed up (plan, phone and speed pack not activated) and I didn't want to take any chances. After I could access my DVR remotely so maybe modem/router just needed a restart, point 4 is probably still valid, but if you put the port forwarding rules or perhaps DMZ those Firewall Wan-Lan access restrictions should not apply. 

Afterwards, phone works, speed pack No and plan unsure will give them a call to get it fixed up.

So maybe point 4 not so bad. Regarding Point 1 I did not try change router IP however the Apply button did change my DHCP start and end pool. Points 2 and 3 definitely cannot change and Point 5 is valid although less important for me.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, this morning remote access not working, so point 4 still valid. After more experiment, looks like I can access from outside network e.g. 4G but cannot access from the local network, unless I go direct to IP. Definitely was not that way last night, as I could access using external IP/ DyDNS on my local network, but this morning I cannot. Bit of research shows I need NAT Loopback or Hairpinning enabled in the router, I don't have access now to examine but if this option is not there we can add this to the list, but strange it was working 12 hours ago. 

0 Kudos