cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

This is the beauty of the NBN, surely.  A single provider of the underlying infrastructure and many, many choices as to your biller/modem provider.  In the past with cable you were lucky to have a choice between Telstra and Optus, often it was one or the other.

Now with NBN go wherever you want, whenever you want.  Unless of course you sign up for a long term contract in order to get a free/cheap modem and then to be honest that's your choice, nobody made you do it!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

I have my own gaming router I would like to use but I have difficulties as it doesn't have modem capabilities, so I have to enable bridge mode on the Sagemcom 5366tn but I can't find any details on how to do it? Can you guys help me
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Victorious wrote:
so I have to enable bridge mode on the Sagemcom 5366tn but I can't find any details on how to do it?

It does not have a bridge mode.

Only FTTN & FTTB require a router with a modem. What type of NBN do you have?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have a FTTN Nbn
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Victorious wrote:
I have a FTTN Nbn

In that case the only things you can play with are disabling NAT & DHCP and/or putting your gaming router in the DMZ. Note that messing with any of those will/may loose:

• Wifi access on the 5366 (which you would expect if you are trying to replicate bride mode)
  • Access to Optus land line (you may not expect to loose)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK awesome I'll try these out thanks heaps for your help man really apriciate the quick response
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I read this morning that Optus has added a new "Ultra WiFi" NBN modem to their lineup with 4G backup.  Anyone planning to get their 5366TN replaced with this?

https://www.optus.com.au/broadband-nbn/home-broadband/plans/shop

"nbn plus an Ultra WiFi Modem with 4G backup."

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/The-Optus-Ultra-WiFi-modem-with-4G-back-up-is-h...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not for $200 (or whatever it will cost) - if a free replacement, why not test it out. But no way I will willingly pay that much for an Optus brick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

would i see any difference in performance if i use my tplink deco m5 instead of the optus 5366tn. obviously i wouldnt be able to use voip anymore
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hello, how can we get this new modem?
0 Kudos