cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor WallyWalrick
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

@Dan_C ,

To add to the list of issues.
1. Modem Settings -> Monitor
Bandwidth usage isn't recording downloads, only uploads.
2. Modem Settings -> Monitor -> Logs
Some Date/Time are 0NaN-NaN-NaN NaN:NaN:NaN
Dates are YYYY-DD-MM, should they be YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY
3. Modem Settings -> Device info -> General
Under Network - IPv4 Online Duration is stuck (for me at 00h00m36s)
4. Network Settings -> Parental Control
No way to disable Parental Control
5. Internet Connectivity -> Basic -> IPv4
All items are read only, no way to change DNS settings or DHCP etc.

1,2 and 3 are minor but figured I'd add them for completeness.

0 Kudos
New Contributor EkulP
New Contributor

Just wanted to come back and post that this modem fixed the previous problems I was having with the two previous sagemcom 3864 I had. So big thanks for making this new modem available and sending one out when i contacted via twitter (as the livechat crew thought this modem wasnt available for order). I just hope it can stay working and this isn't just beginners luck or something (have only been using it two days).

Btw if it helps the main two previous issues I was having with the sagemcom 3864 when I connected to NBN hfc were that I could hardly get it to connect to my xbox one x console and that was when it was connected via Ethernet. It would connect most times via WiFi but I wanted that supposed more stable connection that Ethernet can bring and found it amazing that somehow sagemcom/Optus thought the xbox one was an obscure console and didn't test the Ethernet connection with it much (if at all). Now I can connect via Ethernet with this new modem and the connection even seems faster than when I had my netgear Optus cable modem connected previously.

Other issues was WiFi dropouts. Such a pain when I was playing online games over WiFi or catching up on streaming tv or watching Netflix, etc and the internet had lost connection. No more of that now, plus the signal seems to be stronger too.

Anyway as I said before hopefully the modem continues to perform well and doesn't somehow fail on me any time soon.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, the team has been really quick to respond back  @YetAnotherAcc 

Changing the default IP address

We do have a pending firmware update for this issue - version upgrade to SG4Y1T000085, but the team has advised that they’re considering pushing this one out earlier than initially planned.

Changing the default host name 

They'll investigate and see if they can get this changed in a future release. 

Changing Static DNS server settings 

There is a known out of the box firmware issue which will force the client device with its own configured DNS server to use the Optus DNS server. In saying that, our devices have always used the DNS provided by the BNG / Optus network. I might need further clarification, but there's a suggestion that the issue should be resolved by release - SG4Y1T000085.

I'm still waiting on more information around point 4 & 5. I'll shoot through more info as it comes my way. 

Note: Automatic firmware upgrades are enabled by default. Once the next version has been pushed out, you'll just need to power cycle your modem. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Xcelplus 

NBN's Network Termination Device (ARRIS branded Cable modem) is compatible with DOCSIS 3.1. I'm not sure whether NBN have activated DOCSIS 3.1 across their entire NBN-HFC network, but support is there for when they do. 

Once you're ready to transition across to the NBN, they'll install the NTD on the day of your appointment. The Optus supplied router (5366) will plug into the LAN port on the NTD. 

You won’t be able plug your existing Optus Cable modem into the coaxial jack.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor YetAnotherAcc
Contributor

This definitely is quick update from the team, thanks @Dan_C   .

So what's the timeframe on SG4Y1T000085, 1 week? 2 weeks? Month?

For DNS, obviously there is no issue for the default to be Optus (or whatever it picks up from upstream) as long as we can change it (DNS Server1 & 2) ourselves.  And there must never be DNS hijacking under any circumstances not even default. If I set an explicit DNS on any of my connected devices the 5366 must respect that and let it pass through.

For 4, we should be allowed to turn off the firewall completely, not just change levels LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH (or whatever the actual options might be).

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's great news, EkulP!

Thanks heaps for sharing your experience with us.

Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor shizzy
Occasional Contributor

Strange my post got deleted somehow or doesn't publish. I was saying please fix point 4 and yes we should be able to turn off these settings completely as I cannot access my home devices remotely. Due to this restriction,  I'm using old router CG3000 but now get a message saying NBN not activated. I will try plugging in the 5366TN to get NBN activated, phone line running and speed pack working, but can I also use 3864v2 for this activation process? and will the phone work? or are all the settings hardcoded to the router Optus provide you, in my case the 5366TN?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ringu2000
New Contributor

Dear @Optus,

I have received this new 5366TN modem a few days ago, but I'm having some issues with it powering itself off at night which is a bit of a hassle because it interrupts my recordings from Fetch TV.

It's as if someone was pressing the reset button continuously. This cycle begins at around midnight and goes on for about an hour, then it magically stops and the 5366TN starts working again for the next 23 hours.

It's been happening for a few nights in a row. I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting, and tech support have done a line test, but no luck, problem still remains, so I have unplugged 5366TN for now and have been using the old Optus modem again, in order to avoid these interruptions. The old modem doesn't have this issue and stays on 24 hours at least...

Is this a hardware fault or software fault?

Hope to be able to use the 5366TN again soon, because the Wi-Fi coverage seems a bit better than the old Optus modem.

0 Kudos
Contributor YetAnotherAcc
Contributor

@shizzy ,

I got a notification for your first message but was surprised when I could not see it in the forum.

You should be able to use either the 3864v2 or 5366TN to activate. They will both pickup the settings they need when they are plugged in even if the service was activated with a different device. My service was activated with 3864v2, and when I plugged in the 5366TN it worked and it picked up the necessary voip setting so phone works with either of them.

@Ringu2000 ,

If this is occurring at a regular time I wonder if its "Electricity Authority injecting their control tones" as discussed in https://whrl.pl/RfVWia . A line test won't pick that type of problem up unless it was done at the same time you have an outage.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor shizzy
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc Thanks for your contributions, I really hope they upgrade the firmware of 5366TN to address all the points you made. I did not expect such issues to exist, that it has lead to my NBN not being activated properly (plan, phone and speed pack). I may put the 3864v2 to activate and see if I can access LAN devices from outside the internet and same time I can extract my VOIP SIP details if I ever need to use 3rd party devices for the phone. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors