Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Haha, I'm used to it.

Look, I don't want to promise the world and deliver nothing. I'd rather keep any other pending changes under wraps until I have more information to give you guys.

In more other news, we had a good discussion with the team yesterday and they've committed to providing us with information around pending firmware updates before they're pushed out. That way, there's no more surprises.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Dan_C wrote:
Haha, I'm used to it.

Great, so I can keep the pressure on 🤣.

Look, I don't want to promise the world and deliver nothing. 

I can certainly appreciate that (the developer in me definitely knows that).

In more other news, we had a good discussion with the team yesterday and they've committed to providing us with information around pending firmware updates before they're pushed out. That way, there's no more surprises.

That's great news.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

Can someone please advise whether the Port Forward feature is working? I have tested DMZ and Port Forwarding on LAN and external networks and nothing is working. I'm on the latest firmware version. I suspect the Firewall is continuing to override these features? As mentioned previously in this thread, please allow users to turn the Firewall on and off. My business depends on allowing me to run my computer as a server. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nevermind, my IP changed when I restarted the router...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I just realised that my log file is full of DNS resolution failures, such as:

11.03.2020 05:06:09ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (eqgpypvndn)
DNS name resolution failure (tynikova)
DNS name resolution failure (nwpsvsqdg)

11.03.2020 15:23:44ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (raaoecoeo)
DNS name resolution failure (zjogfffffth)
DNS name resolution failure (lapfclcyivwkje)

This seems to be happening in groups of 3 every 15 minutes or so throughout the day.  The characters in brackets at the end is different every time.  Anyone else got this or do I have something rougue on my network perhaps?

Curiously there was a break between about 9.30pm last night and 3:16am this morning.  Then back to every 15m or so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey mate,

I have seen the same, tells Optus via the app and they keep telling me to hard reset the device. I personally dont agree doing that cause having to pay for the services and we as end users have to hard reset each time they cant fix the dns issue?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, yes, just found the issue here:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Sagecom-5366TN-modem-log-DNS-errors/m-p/593448/...

Should've searched better before asking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is this still actively being worked on? Im specifially after NAT loopback on the Sagemcom 5366TN. On the older 3864V3HP it was under NAT->Advanced Setup->Virtual Servers. 

If one of your techs can make this work, I'll personally drop off a bag of dinosaur lollies to your Melbourne office. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is this port forwarding you refering to?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Raged wrote:

Is this still actively being worked on? Im specifially after NAT loopback on the Sagemcom 5366TN.

They have confirmed they are working on several items, with static DNS being the only item they have named. I would hope that NAT loopback is one of them, it was one of the most discussed items in this thread, and Optus have requested more details about it in the past if I remember correctly.