cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

I hope so. I’ve just had internet drop out 4 times in the last hour. Pathetic. Especially after yesterday I spoke to somebody and they told me to reset my router. Then for 24 hours it was working pretty well. Then it’s just dropped out 4 times after a Tech officer called me to see how it was going

I’m not sure why they can’t just say if the issue is either my the router, or the nbn itself
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Optus supplied modem - Sagemcom 5366TN

Hi does anyone know what is the max wi-fi connections this modem can handle at once?

I've had the previous models in the past and they are limited to 32 connections I think

This one seems to handle more but dropping WiFi now when too many connections online

Example smart switches light bulbs Google homes TVs phones

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@vortex_690 wrote:
Hi does anyone know what is the max wi-fi connections this modem can handle at once?

Its 64 as advised here.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks mate
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having problems with my old Sagemcom F@ST3864V2  with wifi dropouts requiring frequent  resetting of the modem.

It's my first time using the chat thingy but I had a better result than I would have phoned and been put on hold for hours.

The rep was great and the result after a couple of questions was this.

Elsdon at 9:13, Jan 6:

May I know how old is the current modem?

Me at 9:14, Jan 6:

I received it in January 2016 when my NBN line was enabled, so three years old.

Elsdon at 9:16, Jan 6:

Thanks for the details,

Then its time to get it replaced,

I'll send out a new modem to you with the latest technology , The modem will be delivered to you in 3-4 business days as per the standard delivery process,and you will not be charged for that as well.☺

Me at 9:17, Jan 6:

Thank you Elsdon for such a prompt solution.

I am very pleased at this result and I am looking forwards to a better modem than the last crippled one

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have just received this modem yesterday and it was simple to install which I love but I cannot seem to get a signal to my Optus home. It’s saying no wifi detected yet I can still connect my phone to it within my settings and wifi on. Unsure if I might need an extension cord for the internet cable as my nbn Fttc is in my shed and closed off from the rest of the house.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just recently NBN connected and feel frustrated with locked down features which I need for my business. What I need:

- WOL: seems that the modem firewall blocks UDP port 7 and 9 

- Customised DHCP range ratther than the all-so-common: 192.168.0.X. This limits me to set up OpenVPN if I happen to use wifi from friend's with the same IP config to access my OpenVPN server. 

So... I took my old deprecated modem Netgear D6300 to the front end connecting to Optus gateway, disable SIP ALG option. LAN from Netgear to WAN port of Saegem modem which serves as wifi, VOIP and faxline only. The rest of my computers are linked to Netgear. 

Now.. WOL works like a charm. I learned that we must disable SIP ALG in Netgear so it would not interfere with VOiP and fax otherwise I got cut off in the middle of conversation or hangup itself when I received calls. 

I hope this helps others who are not satisfied with limited options in Saegemcom modem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey little confused here

Are you saying the Optus router is runnings in your shed and working fine 

but your house is to far away to get reception ???

you can connect your phone to it (is that while you are in the shed 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@DavidVO 
100% mate the routers are way to restricted and being able to do many things is a giant pain in the ass

If you call for help you get same scripted stuff from a tech that’s not really a tech and has no clue on what they are talking about..

I myself just did the same thing bought a third party router to manage my connection and just use the Optus one as a ata adapter for calls that is it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

The new modem arrived yesterday arvo (Tues) by courier, very prompt service thank you.

Working well with all of my devices / computers etc.