cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor khios
Occasional Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Im really hoping this is sorted out. seems to be a good modem except for the butchered firmware..  I dont want to throw 600$ at a new modem but I will (I have the SIP setting as I extracted them from the old modem.. )

0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

I have searched your post because I just got connected to the NBN today using this horrible router. I have a DVR system that I remotely access and it did my head in trying to figure out why it wasnt working and I then I noticed your point 4, I initially thought this could have something to do with it, if so this is a big disqualifier for me. I need to have remote access to my network, and this should be one of the main advantages of NBN especially coming from cable, download speed is essentiualy the same but upload is greatly increased to provide better expereience for remote access. It did let me add the port forwarding but what is the point when there is a security setting that over rides the rules you put in.

In the meantime I put my old Netgear router back in but is there anyway Optus can give another router that is more capable of how most routers work or upgrade this firmware?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

They are going to have to do a firmware update, its just a matter of how long it will take them.

I have to fall back to the F@ST 3864v3.

0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

The only problem with CG3000 is I cannot get the phone to work, maybe because it gets the signal from rf cable which it has as its the modem and router in 1. I also have the 3864 as I recontracted once and got the kit just never used it, I might have to give it a go.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Don't know if they got the voice signal from the cable on the CG3000, but it is voip capable its just locked down and settings are not changeable. I'm not aware of anyone succeeding in accessing voip settings.

Just had a look at my CG3000v2 and could not find anything useful.

For the moment I'm using the 3864 because I need voip. I've got voip mostly working on a Linksys PAP2-NA thanks to the info I was able to extract from the 3864, and after I get some time to do a few more tests I will probably end up with NBN_MODEM->RT-N66U->PAP2-NA, and just keep the 3864 & 5366 for backups.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm back in action. I'm still jumping around a bit, but I'll be a lot more active on the forum.

Haha and yes, I'm still on my iPhone XS.

Personally, I haven’t had the chance to test it, but I’ve heard from a number of colleagues who were involved in testing and there’s been pretty solid reviews from all the guys involved.

I'll be collating all the feedback we receive on the forum and sending it across to product/networks for review.

@SillyGogo 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Very useful feedback @YetAnotherAcc, very comprehensive.

I have an email trail going with the team(s) who've been involved with the launch and I've sent through all of your feedback verbatim (including number 3 of course).

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C ,

Can you please try and prise a date, even an approximate time frame, out of the team(s) for when we could expect new firmware.

As for the comprehensiveness of my feedback, I use to be a systems tester in a previous life and the last time I provided "comprehensive" feedback in a public forum I raised over 60 issues in my initial post (16 page document) . This was just a quick look 🙂 .

Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@YetAnotherAcc & @Dan_C 

Count me in, placed some woods in my HP-Alm oven and ready to go. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Xcelplus
Contributor

Sagemcom 5366TN release

What is the difference between the Optus Cable HFC & the NBN HFC?

I have an old Cisco DPQ3212 cable modem that has been working brilliantly for years... any chance that I can keep using it?

Which version of DOCSIS does the 5366 support?

Does the 5366 support the new DOCSIS 3.1 standard?

🙂

Tags (2)
0 Kudos