Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Hoff80
New Contributor

Re: Sagemcom 5366TN release

Hi,

New to this thread but have been having days of CCTV connection issues since moving from a DSL connection to NBN using the above named router.  I have been on the phone for days with the provider TruVision - Interlogix (Hik Vision OEM'd box) and they have said the issue is the firewall.  We have opened ports that were necessary but remote viewing and connectivity stopped once this router was installed.  We have two other sites running NBN and ADSL but with different brand hardware.  The reason we cant test another router is that the device is also running our two phone lines via the NBN.  Has there been any further updates to this issue 4 posted below and previously above:  The team at Interlogix believe this is causing remote viewing to be blocked.  Need to be able to move this setting from medium to allow "WAN to LAN" is what i have been told.

4) Firewall does not appear to allow remote access to my network. It has it's level set to MEDIUM (unchangeable) which shows "WAN -> LAN = Block all". Although I do not need remote access at the moment to my home network, I'm sure there are plenty of other people that need it for theirs.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

The reason we cant test another router is that the device is also running our two phone lines via the NBN.

This router can sit behind another router for voip. In most cases you just need to forward ports 5060-5061 it.

Just note that when you are testing calls that you should make sure that incoming calls work before trying to make outgoing calls, as outgoing calls will temporarily open up the ports for incoming & outgoing calls and make it seem as though its all working fine.

Has there been any further updates to this issue

Nope.

The team at Interlogix believe this is causing remote viewing to be blocked.  Need to be able to move this setting from medium to allow "WAN to LAN" is what i have been told.

I agree based on other peoples problem gaining remote access.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@hvorrath mentioned his DHCP issue was resolved with latest firmware version SG4Y1T000085. 

Is that still the case? Or you still have to turn off and on? Can others experiencing this issue confirm?

Waiting for an answers back on confirmation of IP address limits and concurrent device limits, let me know if there are other questions.

I've read back through the entire thread, are the older ones from about a month ago since resolved? i.e. logs end in 59:59, GUI time out, etc.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

No, definitely not all resolved. My latest logs are all showing:
2019-11-29 22:59:59
So they're actually in the future!
I havent' had any issues with concurrent device limits, and I have a lot of devices. The GUI timeout doesn't bother me too much.

0 Kudos
Contributor hvorrath
Contributor

We are into the third day since we did the firmware upgrade and so far everything (up to 12 devices) has connected or re-connected without having to turn the modem off and on. 

The first thing I tried after the upgrade was turning the modem off and on again, and it no longer did a factory reset as it did before - settings were retained.

So as far as I can tell, both my problems are solved by the firmware upgrade.

Helen (I'm a she)

0 Kudos
New Contributor Hoff80
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone from Optus on this forum confirm when the Firewall setting issue being locked to medium and blocking external viewing connections be resolved? We are running the latest firmware versions btw. Remote access to our CCTV environments is essential to our business for monitoring, security and safety. An update and resolution from Optus and Sagemcom on this critical issue would be appreciated.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

I've read back through the entire thread, are the older ones from about a month ago since resolved? i.e. logs end in 59:59, GUI time out, etc.

I was about to through my previous posts and check the status of things I reported, but that ain't going to happen now. 

You see, I just got my second bill in a row that Optus have managed to stuff up after I spent a lot of time sorting it out (or so I was lead to believe that it was sorted).

I'm tired of having to spoon feed things to Optus, only to have them throw-up, and needing to be spoon fed again, and again.

Optus should be telling us what they fixed, not the other way around, if by no other means than with release notes, like every other device has.

Sorry @Ray_YC  that you had to be the recipient of my frustration, but I just needed to vent, and I honestly don't see any evidence of Optus even trying to fix their terrible service culture other than lip service.

0 Kudos
New Contributor LEIZ
New Contributor

same as me, I got control4 home automation system at home and all devices running with static IP, the ip range is not 192.168, nearly 50 devices, I can't believe the router can't change the DHCP range, create a big problem for advance user.

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

@LEIZ it can change the DHCP range, as long as you're on the new firmware.  If you're not, try rebooting the modem via the Modem Settings - Maintenance menu.

Under Maintenance - Software Update you should see version SG4Y1T000085

0 Kudos
Contributor shizzy
Contributor

@Hoff80 I've been taking about it from day 1, it's called hairpinning they do not have it enabled on this router and request has be made to get it implemented in future firmware releases. In the meantime I can still view the CCTV through dynamic dns URL (configure in router and use port forwarding) on external network but not internal network I have to change to use the local IP instead which is a bit annoying.
0 Kudos